Hello! - Need help with installing a Splash Shield on my 2008 Toyota Yaris - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum Discussion area for all the Toyota Yaris/Scion iA, Echo, and Vitz owners worldwide.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-02-2013, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Canada Hello! - Need help with installing a Splash Shield on my 2008 Toyota Yaris

Hello,

I've been having a hell of a time with this thing. I ordered a left splash shield online and it was the right one. However, didn't have the proper clips/fasteners/grommets WHATEVER! (it has a different name wherever I look). I went to partsource and got some makeshift plugs.... didn't work, the splash shield blew off on the highway (oops!).

So I want to order another but I need the proper fasteners but I don't have any part number or quantities. I just really don't want to go to the dealership because they quoted something obscene! (It's still cheaper to order a second time around!)

Looks like there are 3 different parts (screws, bolt and grommet). Toyotaparts.com was great (with the images)but the actual part numbers aren't there. I'm in Canada and want to order from http://www.canadapartsonline.com.

I would REALLY appreciate some help! We already had our first snowfall and I'm running out of options... (I don't want to have to resort to bringing it into the dealership)

thanks Everyone!!!!

-Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM
It's Official

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Thanked 1,071 Times in 880 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Hey Steph, welcome to TN! Sorry to hear about your troubles, try posting in the Yaris subforum here: https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/26...tz-echo-forum/, or maybe your post will be moved there by staff member!

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust
post #3 of 6 Old 12-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1203 Post(s)
Thanked 1,038 Times in 968 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Hey Steph, welcome to TN. I will go ahead and move the thread over since you are looking for help! I hope you find what you are looking for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 AM
eh?

You're talking about the plastic liner that goes inside the fender?

Plastic fasteners usually. You said you had pics of the fasteners from toyotaparts.com? When you get the new liner, take a print out of the fasteners you need to the dealer, parts dept, and tell them the type/year of your vehicle...say you need these (show them the pic of the fasteners) and ask how many you need. What are they gonna say? no? lol. They have a schematic of the car that shows all the parts in that area and can tell you how many. If they make it more difficult than that for you then find another parts dept.

I can't see them being expensive, even from the dealer. And at least you know they will fit right.

Post a pic or a link to the fasteners you need here so maybe someone can suggest an alternative
post #5 of 6 Old 12-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Official TN Member

A lot of those fasteners are available at your local parts store (Autozone etc) as generic parts.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Official TN Member

stephviau5 if you are in Canada give us a try. While the other website you mentioned bills you in US dollars and actually ships from the USA, we ship directly from our Canadian warehouses. Toyota Parts in Canada. www.autopartsway.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum