Out of a pool of initially 30 cars, 10 cars were selected. Lexus LFA was placed 4th by Evo UK magazine in the "best of the best car of the year"
1. Porsche GT3 RS : 96.3 (6 top votes out of 10)
2. Ferrari 458 : 95.6 (4 top votes out of 10)
3. Porsche GT2 RS : 93.8
4. Lexus LFA : 92.5
5. Mercedes SLS : 91.5
6. Audi R8 V10 Spyder : 90.9
7. Lotus Evora S : 90.5
8. Nissan GTR : 90 (Refreshed new updated one)
9. Lamborghini Gallardo LP570 : 88.5
9. Ford Focus RS500 : 88.5
Highlights about Lexus LFA:
There is nothing in the world like the Lexus LFA. It is more special and intriguing than the 458 and demonstrates an extraordinary level of passion and commitment. Bespoke and limited edition, it is also a genuine supercar that can scare the pants off you. This is mainly thanks to it's extraordinary 552bhp 4.8-litre V10 that does everything a Carrera GT's does and then goes completely mad as it closes in on 9000rpm. Its uncompromising ride adds to the challenge, and it was generally agreed that it would have been a bit of a handful up on the moors,
but we were beguiled. "It's a beautiful thing, all the details, and it has the integrity and functionality of a Lexus. Feels like a step up from everything else here," said Meaden. "Very, very special," said Metcalfe. Thank you, Lexus.
Impressions of cars with ranking numbers:
"There is nothing out there that has felt this special since the Macca F1", says Chris Harris. "Too bad it has to go before it could be compared on the track with the best of the rest".
9. Gallardo is old school versus the 458.
9. Ford focus is a very good car, with good traction and pleasant to drive, but cannot bear the comparison vs all the other cars which are in a different league.
8. GTR still as potent as before but it lacks the novelty effect. Suspensions are still an issue, lacking feedback. The new GT-R is not a revolution and if you didn't like the previous one, this is not going to change.
7. Dynamics is top level (steering, ride, handling) but quality is disappointing.
6. Nothing new, always the same review for R8: easy driving, everyday usability, top-performance. Good conversion into convertible.
5. SLS AMG divided the opinions (some high scores, some low ones, not a lot of average). Everyone loved the engine, most reviewers hated the transmission (worse than some auto, not at the expected level for a DCT).
4. Lexus LFA is a very special car which shows passion. Extraordinarily stunning V10 engine comparable to the Carrera GT's. Tough ride.
3. Less satisfying that a GT3 RS, but could have been a winner on another year.
2. Astonishing car, from the cockpit to the drivetrain and the handling. Less involving than the GT3 RS.
1. Best driver's car...