Why did you get a HL? - Page 4 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Highlander Lounge Discussion area for all generations of Toyota Highlander. Off topic discussion is welcome

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 Old 05-01-2019, 01:01 AM
2019 Highlander XLE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I bought mine because I wanted the reliability of a Toyota, and room. I went from a 2014 Kia Forte5 to the Highlander XLE. I am very happy with mine, I've been on several long trips (put 3,500 miles on it in the first month) and it drives great.

2019 Highlander XLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 Old 05-08-2019, 04:47 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ONLY BUY TOYOTAS! (except for my wife's 350Z). needed a 5 seat suv with good ground clearance. 4wd is a bonus. Love our recently purchased 07 sport.
post #48 of 51 Old 05-21-2019, 11:27 AM
TableRocked

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I only purchase reliable vehicles.
Wanted the MPG of the hybrid
Adopted two more kids and needed the space
Sienna wasn’t a hybrid and the premium limited trim forces you to clog up the ceiling with a stupid television.... my kids use tablets
The Sienna lacks the features the Honda Odyssey elite trim level offers
The limited platinum trim HL has seat coolers and heaters, as well as heated steering wheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 51 Old 06-12-2019, 10:58 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I just bought an 07, sport, stripped and simple. It's fairly nice for having 207K miles on it and I pretty much promptly ordered a set of heavy duty brakes from Rockauto and took into Maaco (Maico?) the uh oh guys for a repaint. Same subdued color (silver) and it looks like new. New headlights should arrive today, the old ones look like someone tried to clear them with 180 grit sandpaper, and the new ones are cheap enough to not bother trying to rehab the old ones.

I had an 02 Prius, the "Tardis" bigger on the inside than it appears from the outside. Decided I needed more tow capacity and maybe a place for a nap. I compared the normal V6 models with the Hybrids, couldn't see much advantage in the extra complexity and the HV batteries hanging over the SUV.

It's a tasteful, very comfortable car. And it will quite adequately tow my 600 lb or so jetski & trailer. And the mileage is okay.

I would like a better stereo, no need for the cassette, but an aux input and blue tooth would be nice. But for now the old school will have to do.
post #50 of 51 Old 07-17-2019, 05:38 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Got two kids and we are an active family. We needed more space, and I personally wanted a sporty looking truck with a powerful engine to pull my trailer. Wasn't really into buying a minivan.

Coming from a Honda CR-V. Had 4 Honda before the HL. This is my first Toyota and I'm not looking back for sure!!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
post #51 of 51 Old 07-18-2019, 08:15 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Charley. I have been driving Toyotas since 92. Won't buy anything else. I think you will be happy with your choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > Highlander Lounge