Possible 2GR-FE Supercharger Kit - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Highlander Lounge Discussion area for all generations of Toyota Highlander. Off topic discussion is welcome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
AllThingsToyotaEnthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA Possible 2GR-FE Supercharger Kit

Through the every day searching for what and how the stock 2GR-FE engine can be more like the once short lived Supercharged Australian Aurion - right here in the USA, I found this:

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/p...ifugal-rotrex/

Dyno WHP results show 40+ HP/Torque gains with no ECU modification.

Completely unsure if it will work or how precise the fit will be for the Highlander, but it appears this kit will work on just about any vehicle that this engine sits in.

For those in constant search, this might be your ticket....

Another one I thought about doing was when Squires Turbo (STS) was making a universal kit, but theirs was certainly not specific or tuned for the 2GR-FE however would certainly turn your car into a sleeper, as the Turbo replaced the Muffler assembly. A brilliant design, but again, was a universal kit meaning a whole lot of garage red-necking for it to fit proper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-16-2018, 04:03 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I've seen this before...probably under the Camry forum?

The pic is of a turbocharger, so that would be a different type of install.

Edit: It's a SC...my bad....

For 40HP, I wouldn't drop $3K.

OrangeVirus Tuning does tunes on the 2GR-FE engines. I don't have dyno #'s but here's what they told me last year:

Quote:
the cost for the bench flash <send in the ECU/computer> is $350, handheld <tuner> is $419

benefits of tune are more horsepower, more torque, we can change the rev limiter, change the transmission maps to make it shift a little quicker, and many other things

The downside is it requires 91 octane
I'd try this and likely be happy. Might get the RAV4 into the mid-5 seconds 0-60, and the HL into the lower 6's (stock was 7.0 per C/D review).

'03 AWD V6 HL
07 AWD V6 RAV4 >> Traded for '18 CR-V
Plz don't quote my post...wasted space.

Last edited by wtdash; 11-16-2018 at 05:18 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Luc
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The picture is NOT a turbocharger, it IS a centrifugal supercharger, notice the pulley protruding out of the housing?

R4W has 16 pages at here. Member Myxalplyx does have it and he is quoted:

"The SC got me a half a second and 1 mile trap on the quarter. You are correct! It's not worth the trouble with the SC.

Yes, I posted dyno pulls NA before the SC. Stock, with lightweight wheels, with exhaust muffler changed and testing intake. The before and after N/A results aren't as significant than you'd get with a 'properly fitted' boosted application. Very significant for me but you may be looking for something more in line with a Corvette, Supra or the like."

2012 Highlander Limited V6 AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > Highlander Lounge