Canada - Traffic Map worked! Briefly though? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012-2017

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-13-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Canada Canada - Traffic Map worked! Briefly though?

Hi everyone. I have a 2015 Camry XLE in Toronto and yesterday I was driving home when I noticed that the map was now showing glorious, beautiful traffic information and construction alerts, road closures, etc. The whole thing. To be clear, this has never worked in the three years that I've owned this car, no matter where in Ontario I've driven. To say I was thrilled was an understatement.

Sadly, when I drove to work this morning everything was back to normal -- no traffic, no nothing. Just a plan old map. Does anyone have an idea what might've been special about yesterday that caused it to suddenly work and then disappear again? I know Entune has never worked in Canada for the 2015 model, but this appears to have been picking up the info from HD Radio. I've attached a photo and you can see the HD icon in the top left. I wasn't listening to the radio at the time though (although of course I tried every HD FM station in Toronto on the drive in hoping it would somehow restore the traffic map).

Am I an idiot and missing some setting that should be on for this to work? I've gone through every menu and not seen anything (and why would it suddenly have worked for no reason, if I didn't change anything to begin with?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2026.jpg (664.6 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017)