Official TN Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
underbody lights question

Hey guys so i have been thinking about installing underbody lights in my 14 camry (Throwing it back to the early 2000's) since i have already have door handle lights, and footwell lights tapped into dome light circuit; will it be safe tapping the underbody lights into the same circuit?

i got "Little Dot SMD LED Accent Light - 30 Lumens" one on each door handle so total of 4 (https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ight/639/1924/)

2 39inch led strips split for driver and passenger and rears (https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-ft/1464/4849/)

1 full strip 39inch on the rear deck glass (https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-ft/1464/4849/)

here is the underbody kit i am thinking about buying: http://www.opt-7.com/aura-led-alumin...-lighting-kit/ please guys give me some idea on how to get this working

i am all trying to achieve the following
i want the underbody lights up whenever i unlock the car (thats the reason why i want to use domelight circuit but i already have all others lights tapped into that)

plus having it tapped into domelight circuit it will give me freedom of turning it on and off whenever needed as i have an on off on switch dedicated to my footwell lights and doors lights

(2X) COROLLA 2001,
COROLLA 1993,
HONDA CIVIC 2009,
CAMRY 2014 LE (REBUILT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2019, 01:44 PM
Captain Camry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
My only concern would be the low clearance under the car. There's such little clearance and everything that's exposed under there is for drag reduction and plastic protective plates. Not the most secure mounting surfaces. My underside made the worst noises last week as I was leaving the marina and drive over one of those one way, do not back up, tire damage reverse spike strips. You could hear the entire underside of my car being dredged. Great car otherwise. I swear I still hit parking curbs with the underside of the front lip, at least one a week even after owning the car for over a year.

2015 Camry SE
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2019, 08:42 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorollaPants View Post
*snip* I swear I still hit parking curbs with the underside of the front lip, at least one a week even after owning the car for over a year.

When I had my '84 Xtracab, I could park with an infinitely thin line between the curb and my bumper. Now, I think I'm parking a mile away and I find I'm still over the curb more than I like. I do make a game of it when I come home from work, trying to position it perfectly and when I get out to inspect my work, I really have to fight the anal side of me who wants to jump back in the car and do it better. Sometimes I win the fight, sometimes I lose.

2015 Camry XSE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017)