wish products for Camry review - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012-2017

5Likes
  • 2 Post By CorollaPants
  • 3 Post By Pvt-Public

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-03-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Captain Camry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
wish products for Camry review

I bought just about everything off wish I could find that's for the Camry. With the low costs it was just a gamble. Some hits, some misses.

This item most impressed me, it's a stainless steel interior door handle insert. $5/set of 4. I was fearful it would be way too chromey. Not at all. Once mounted it really blends in. I get a ton of compliments on it. Well worth the $5.

This item did not impress me. Long story short: while they claim it's for 2012-2017 Camry, I think it's designed for a non North American Camry, as only a few pieces fit. The door inserts and the large center console. The cup holder did not fit (which was really the only piece I wanted) so I trimmed mine to fit. None of the door handle pieces fit at all. $13 was not really worth it.

Door lock strike plate plastic cover, liked it more than I thought I would. I think it was about $3 for the set of 4. The only thing is that you can't combine it with the plastic screw cap covers available for your door edges (to cover the lock assembly screws). It's one or the other as they will scrape against each other.

Door arm check hinge cover, like it as well, worth the few bucks for a set of 4:

Door arm check cover for internal door edges. I had never even seen these before. They do mount with double stick tape, which I hate, but so far they've stayed on! At least worth the $3 for a set of 4, although you really can't see them at all:

Hybrid logo: junk. Not worth the $3. Bigger and chunkier than the Toyota one. The double sided foam tape doesn't come pre-applied, although it is pre-cut. Good luck getting it on straight. Then I had to trim some and the quality feels awful. Buy a genuine off eBay instead.

Steering wheel logo $6. Actually looks better than I was expecting and I would have still have it installed, but it just falls right off. Tried Gorilla double sided tape and two 3M varieties. Pops right off immediately. I guess you could super glue or epoxy it on if you want a permanent color logo, not sure I liked it THAT much, saved it and stuck to wax paper just in case:

Valve stem caps with Toyota logo. This one is better than I expected. Upon a CLOSE inspection, the logo is a little fuzzy/blocky, but once installed it actually looks great. Worth the exactly $1 I paid for a set of 4.

Window button caps/covers made of metal. Wow, what a pile of crap this was. Basically a few pieces of sheet metal bent up with some double sided tape inside. Not even close to the correct size, shape or bend angle. Sharp edges to boot! Threw them right in the garbage, didn't even bother to attempt to install, $3 down the terlit!

There ya have it folks, my honest opinion about the random crap you can get for a few bucks off wish (or eBay, or Amazon...) I really liked my center console organized tray off Amazon though. Hope this helps you either order something you've had your eye on, or save a few bucks on junk!
Vangm25 and Chicagopaul2010 like this.

2015 Camry SE

Last edited by CorollaPants; 07-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorollaPants For This Useful Post:
Truthunter (07-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing. I like those valve stem caps... do you have a link to those specific ones?
post #3 of 9 Old 07-11-2019, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Captain Camry

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
Thanks for sharing. I like those valve stem caps... do you have a link to those specific ones?
https://www.wish.com/product/5b31f9ff0da3f11610c2048f

Got mine in 'grey'

2015 Camry SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-11-2019, 05:24 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Great thread.

As far as Camry specific, I like my center console tray:

Amazon Amazon

Dave.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I had metal "TRD" valve stem caps on my old car. I had a mechanic once suggest that it wasn't a good idea as they could become seized on there. They were right, eventually one did seize and I couldn't get it off; however, that was also around the same time I traded in the vehicle.

Just thought I'd warn as it would suck to have to replace a stem because of a cap seizing on.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1990 View Post
I had metal "TRD" valve stem caps on my old car. I had a mechanic once suggest that it wasn't a good idea as they could become seized on there. They were right, eventually one did seize and I couldn't get it off; however, that was also around the same time I traded in the vehicle.
Just thought I'd warn as it would suck to have to replace a stem because of a cap seizing on.

There's a cure for that;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg antiseize.jpg (15.7 KB, 13 views)
Vangm25, Kyle1990 and CorollaPants like this.

2013 Camry XLE 3.5L A/T
2017 Camry LE 2.5L A/T
The Following User Says Thank You to Pvt-Public For This Useful Post:
CorollaPants (07-15-2019)
post #7 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Captain Camry

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1990 View Post

Thank you for the heads up! I had never heard of that before and it doesn't surprise me. Like many cheap things, can lead to expensive problems down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt-Public View Post
There's a cure for that;
Perfect, I'll be applying that in about 10 minutes since I have some on hand for my spark plugs and flashlight caps.

2015 Camry SE
post #8 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
I anti-seized my old metal valve caps. I eventually stopped using them but the anti-seize is still there.

post #9 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Captain Camry

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxtanium View Post
Great thread.

As far as Camry specific, I like my center console tray:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dave.
Same one here, great product for under $20! Some of this stuff can be totally hit or miss and feel like cheap Pepboys junk, but this center console organizer is a perfect fit for this generation.

2015 Camry SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017)