Thinking of buying LEDs? Check out VLEDS! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012-2017

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
It's Official

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Thanked 1,071 Times in 880 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Thinking of buying LEDs? Check out VLEDS!

Interested in swapping the nasty, dim halogens for LED bulbs? If so, I highly recommend VLEDS. I have been buying VLEDS bulbs exclusively since I first began getting into automotive lighting, almost 5 years ago. In fact, I still have some of those bulbs from 5 years ago – and they still work great. However, as VLEDS progresses, they come out with better and better LED bulbs. I recently made an order with VLEDS, and I think it would be beneficial for those looking to buy LED bulbs if I make a review thread on the items I ordered. VLEDS is no secret in the automotive lighting world. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody bash VLEDS before, and there is a good reason for that. The biggest gripe I hear about VLEDS is “they are expensive”. To me, expensive is paying too much for something that doesn’t warrant the cost. These are not that way at all. All VLEDS products are quality, and quality costs money. Take a look for yourself! By the way, I always order my white LEDs at 5000k. VLEDS 5000k is exactly like it should be – NO blue, just pure white.

Here is how I received my items. The big black boxes are their V3 Triton LED bulb system. I ordered two sets of those, one set for front turn signals and one set for rear turn signals. The V3 Triton system is great for a few reasons. 1) They are crazy bright! 2) The system is plug and play. 3) The system has resistors built in – no need to splice anything. 4) The fitment is universal, so if you buy a new vehicle and want to transfer these LED bulbs over to it, you only have to buy the new adapter. This is only $10 or so I believe. Ok, I got side tracked, back to the packaging. The white box is full of various LED bulbs.

Close up of the white box filled with various LED bulbs:

Close up of the V3 Triton box:

Lets start by focusing on all the various LED bulbs, not the V3 Triton bulb system. We’ll save that for later.

So here are some close up pictures of other bulbs I bought. ALL of these are crazy bright, and 100% worth what they cost.

Here is the reverse light bulb for the Camry (and a lot of different vehicles):

These things rock, plain and simple. They spec at 500 lumens! The difference is absolutely crazy. I took some pictures in various cars as I shuffled my old VLEDS bulbs around to other cars to put my new ones on my RAV4 and Camry. So here is the VLEDS 921 reverse lights on the RAV4.

Like I said before, VLEDS is always working to improve their technology. Here is a picture of my old 921 VLEDS and my new 921 VLEDS. The old ones were bright, but the new ones are ridiculously bright!

Here is the dome light for those of us without sunroofs:

This is a great bulb. Its very bright as well. Picture coming soon here.

Like the 921 bulbs, VLEDS has recently implemented a new 3175 dome light bulb.

Here is the comparison from the old to the new. The old one was slightly longer than 31mm (which is the length that fits our dome light). It measured like 31.5mm, but it was a tight fit in the dome light. However, the new one fits perfect. It measured right at 31mm with my micrometer, and fit right up in the dome light nice and easy.

The next bulb I’ll showcase is the 168/194 VLEDS bulb. I only show one here, but I ordered a few sets of these in various colors to fit the application.

This fits the front map lights for all Camrys, and is the dome light bulb for Camrys with a sunroof. Here are some various comparison pictures of these bulbs.

Here is the comparison in the front map lights (this is in another vehicle, not my Camry). These are 5k:

Next is the VLEDS Red 194 bulbs in the rear side marker lights. For this application, you should get the red LED bulbs. The rule for ordering LED bulbs it to match the lens color. So red lens, order red LEDs. Same for amber. These are way brighter than stock, and the light is a nice, deep red.

Here is the front side marker lights. Notice how the halogen did not match the V3 Tritons exactly, whereas the VLEDS Amber 194 do match perfectly. Again, the VLEDS are brighter than the halogen.

OK, lets break here. Take a look at this quality. Even the bases of the LED bulbs to this point are not plastic. Scroll back up to the comparison against the old 921 VLEDS and the new 921 VLEDS. The base went from plastic to metal. The quality is superb. See, no plastic:

For my brake lights, I opted to get the VLEDS Platinum 7440/7443 bulbs. I did this because my friend has them on his Tundra and they are awesome, so I figured I would save some money here and opt for the Platinums instead of the V3 Tritons. Again, match the LED color with the lens color, so I ordered red bulbs.

These are nice and bright, living up to the VLEDS name.

Here are some examples from my buddy’s car as well.

^During the day, a major concern with LED bulbs is if they are bright enough to be seen in direct sunlight. Not only are they easily visible in direct sunlight, they are brighter than stock. The difference is easily noticed during the night, but I wanted to show an example of during the day so everybody feels confident if you opt for the Platinum LED bulbs.

Here is a night picture:

Now, let’s move on the the V3 Triton VLEDS.

Here is a picture that is reassuring to me.

The whole system really isn’t that intricate. If you can put a plug and play bulb in there, then you shouldn’t have any trouble putting in the V3 Triton system. Here is a breakdown of the main components:

Along with all the great features of this LED bulb system that I mentioned in the beginning, it also has the traditional features of an LED bulb. That is, instant on and instant off. Here is a break down that shows the LED bulb getting fully bright quicker than the halogen bulb, and turning fully off quicker as well.

Look at that brightness difference! These things are BRIGHT!!! I love them! Here is another picture of the brightness. The V3 Triton light shines on my house significantly more than the halogen counterpart.

The difference is obvious, and the instant on, instant off is awesome. Even better that there is no hyper flash, and no splicing required. Just insert the fuse that is included in the kit to activate the resistor. I did check the V3 Tritons without the fuse in, and I can confirm it does hyper flash without the resistor activated (no surprise here). I now love pulling behind other vehicles and watching my front V3 Tritons flash!

Check out the V3 Tritons in my front turn signals in action!

So I hope this helps those that have been thinking about ordering some LEDs and want to order the best bulbs out there, I encourage you to check out VLEDS. I can answer any and all questions you will have about their products, so ask away! Thank you guys for checking out my review, I really appreciate it. In fact, if you read the whole post to this point and you end up wanting to order some products from VLEDS, I have a limited number of 15% off coupons to issue to people who are going to use it! Leave a post, or PM me and I will be happy to provide you a code – while supplies last! All I ask is you PM me and let me know you placed your order so that I know I can take the code out of my “active” list. Thanks again, everybody!

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust

Last edited by GreatAvalon; 08-17-2014 at 10:08 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GreatAvalon For This Useful Post:
9mil (10-19-2014), gold94corolla (08-17-2014), humanoid (08-16-2014), jallen102090 (08-03-2015), laurido92 (08-17-2014), smurph (09-02-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Nice write up. One more thing to add to my list.
post #3 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Same now you have me wanting all of these! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 PM
This Space For Rent

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Why are you gonna make me spend more money!

post #5 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
It's Official

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tm001 View Post
Nice write up. One more thing to add to my list.
Thank you Tm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpence2177 View Post
Same now you have me wanting all of these! Lol
Lol, I have wanted to do a full LED conversion for forever. Now that I'm finally there, it rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Why are you gonna make me spend more money!

Nothing makes me happier than making you spend more money Have you seen the new LPF from VLEDS? :drool: that thing is a BEAST!

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust
post #6 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
I was wondering how bright are these VLEDS bulbs? I mean in person, are they crazy bright? Bright as twice as stock bulbs?
post #7 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Wow man....i've been apart of quite a few forums and your reviews are some of the BEST i have ever seen. Kudos to you sir.
post #8 of 189 Old 08-16-2014, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
It's Official

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2012 View Post
I was wondering how bright are these VLEDS bulbs? I mean in person, are they crazy bright? Bright as twice as stock bulbs?
Not twice as bright as stock, but I would say a solid 1.5x as bright as stock. The difference is really apparent at night. Now, the V3 Triton red with the 7443 adapter I would say is about 2x as bright in high mode (brake pedal). But I don't have any specs to say for sure on either of those to prove they are 1.5x as bright and the Red V3 Tritons are 2x as bright. I have the VLEDS specs, but not the halogen bulb specs. But the red is a nice, rich, vivid red. Instant on/off is great, and the platinum ones in the link above are DEFINITELY brighter than stock. To me, easily 1.5x as bright. These things are bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuk View Post
Wow man....i've been apart of quite a few forums and your reviews are some of the BEST i have ever seen. Kudos to you sir.
Thank you very much!

post #9 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 01:17 AM
Mr. Roo

Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Thanked 1,033 Times in 965 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
It's always nice to see a fellow lighting addict who is willing to spend $$$ for the best!!

V-LEDs is my solid go-to as well. Best products, and amazing customer service. I have gotten parts replaced free, no questions asked. 24-hour response to my emails every time.

I originally started with V-LEDs because they actually cared about their white color, and made sure they had 5000k. None of that weird purplish ebay crap. You know what you get when you buy from V-LEDs.

Thanks for the review!

And to everyone else, make sure you get on their communication list, since they've got regular sales around black friday and holidays. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff at 35% off before lol.
post #10 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Mr. Roo

Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Thanked 1,033 Times in 965 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
I've got 2 pairs of the Triton switchbacks in my front signals, so I took a comparison video.

And since that video sucked (washed out), I took a better one!

so much brighter
The Following User Says Thank You to gold94corolla For This Useful Post:
GreatAvalon (08-17-2014)
post #11 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
It's Official

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold94corolla View Post
It's always nice to see a fellow lighting addict who is willing to spend $$$ for the best!!

V-LEDs is my solid go-to as well. Best products, and amazing customer service. I have gotten parts replaced free, no questions asked. 24-hour response to my emails every time.

I originally started with V-LEDs because they actually cared about their white color, and made sure they had 5000k. None of that weird purplish ebay crap. You know what you get when you buy from V-LEDs.

Thanks for the review!

And to everyone else, make sure you get on their communication list, since they've got regular sales around black friday and holidays. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff at 35% off before lol.
Exactly! The difference between Amazon or eBay LEDs vs. VLEDS is huge. You are 100% right on the customer service, thanks for reminding me. AND the V3 Tritons have a lifetime warranty! Who else offers that?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold94corolla View Post
I've got 2 pairs of the Triton switchbacks in my front signals, so I took a comparison video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jKRb2haHxA

And since that video sucked (washed out), I took a better one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCJSfxtZm2E

so much brighter
Thank you for the video! I recorded a video myself as well, but don't want to direct link to my flickr and I don't have a YouTube acct.

post #12 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
Exactly! The difference between Amazon or eBay LEDs vs. VLEDS is huge. You are 100% right on the customer service, thanks for reminding me. AND the V3 Tritons have a lifetime warranty! Who else offers that?!

Thank you for the video! I recorded a video myself as well, but don't want to direct link to my flickr and I don't have a YouTube acct.

If I can remember my account you could email me the video and I can upload it if you want.
post #13 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Actually kinda nice to have someone testing out the lights instead of the people from their company. Anyway I trusted you with your review about VLEDS and I wanna get LED from VLED for my Tail / Brake light soon. Thanks man.

I wish I live close to ya so I can come over and check out them VLEDS lights. Will you invite me over if I live close to ya?
post #14 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
After reading your write up I'm going to upgrade my stock interior bulbs to these VLED, they look like quality built, not the cheap cold solder LED from eBay.
post #15 of 189 Old 08-17-2014, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
It's Official

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpence2177 View Post
If I can remember my account you could email me the video and I can upload it if you want.
Heck yea! It's only like 21 seconds, but that would be awesome of you! Did you end up finding your account login? If so, PM me your email! Thank you man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2012 View Post
Actually kinda nice to have someone testing out the lights instead of the people from their company. Anyway I trusted you with your review about VLEDS and I wanna get LED from VLED for my Tail / Brake light soon. Thanks man.

I wish I live close to ya so I can come over and check out them VLEDS lights. Will you invite me over if I live close to ya?
Yessir I would! In fact, I'll invite you over even though you don't live close to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulofoside View Post
After reading your write up I'm going to upgrade my stock interior bulbs to these VLED, they look like quality built, not the cheap cold solder LED from eBay.
Exactly! That eBay technology is dinosaur. The VLEDS are years ahead technology wise. You will be extremely happy with them, I can say that for certain.

Guys, remember, PM me for a 15% coupon code when you are ready to buy!!! VLEDS doesn't push out coupon codes very often, so these codes are highly coveted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017)