Other car is a 2003 Expedition and the 2018 HyHy was the first new car we purchased since then so 15 years in between new car purchases. So some of the following items I bring up are from comparing what our 15 year old Expedition offers. After 1 year ownership and 15k miles here's what I've got:
1) Read the entire thread and didn't see this mentioned once; outdoor temp display. Why can't it be in the middle next to the clock? On driver's side in small font, really? Definitely not a cost issue so what gives? Exp has temp front and center, can easily be read from the 3rd row.
2) Another item I haven't seen anyone mention; the visors. Seems when Yugo went belly up someone at Toyota jumped on the surplus. I've owned many autos in my 45 years of driving and can honestly say I've never experienced a cheaper or smaller visor. In Exp there are double large visors which come in handy especially when driving curvy roads. In HyHy you have to constantly switch it front to side. Lousy choice by Toyota to save money here.
3) What happened to air conditioned seats? Yes, it is better to have non-cooled ventilation than nothing at all. On the Exp the leather seats have filtered air pumping true air conditioning(and heat as well) with 5 settings. Works beautifully and is really appreciated as most know how hot those seats can get. I could imagine just about anyone living anywhere it's pretty damn hot for 5-6 months out of the year would really like this feature.
4) Would like hood struts. Again, Exp has them and in 15 years they have never failed.
5) When you push button for AC it would be nice if some part of the button lit up to indicate AC is on(like in the Sienna). Instead a tiny "ac" indicator comes on in climate display.
6) Another feature no one mentioned is to have the ability to change temp and fan control on steering wheel. On the Exp I use those controls constantly. You learn where they are so you don't have to take your eyes off the road when using them. Also, audio controls and cruise controls are all on steering wheel.
7) Wish I could adjust Nav screen angle(like in the Sienna) so the sun wouldn't wash it out, especially with moon roof open.
8) Folding mirrors would be nice in tight parking lots and garage parking. Also, tilt down on reverse would be a big help.
9) Lane assist is annoying and kicks in when not warranted so turned it off.
10) Auto high beams react to the least shiny items like a beer can on the side of the road so turned that off as well. Plus, they would react too slowly to an oncoming driver so they had to endure blinding light for a bit.
11) Due to another thread concerning the sub vibrating like crazy was able to get a fix under "warranty" so that is no longer an issue. Sound system is okay and at my age I won't upgrade.