WTB: Gen 4.5 Camry standard 5-speed TRD parts - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Car parts for trade, wanted parts, or free offers Looking for something specific? Post all of your "Want to Buy, " "Want to Trade," or "Free Offer" threads in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
4th Generation WTB: Gen 4.5 Camry standard 5-speed TRD parts

Hello there TN. I'm here hoping that anyone here is selling or knows of a source of where I can find most of the rare TRD parts for my 2000 Toyota Camry 5-speed manual. I know that these parts are nearly impossible to find here in America but it doesn't hurt to ask here.

I am mainly looking for the suspension components. I would like the strut bars for the rear and the front.

I am also also very much interested in the TRD body kit if ANYONE has a set I will buy. Just don't please go to crazy on the price.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
There is no rear TRD strut brace. There is a rear strut bar. But they sell for way too much $ used. Pick yourself up a nice new Whiteline rear sway bar.

For springs, just get a set of Eibach. Really close to the TRD ones I think.

'96 Camry Wagon V6: TRD SC, Front BBK
'95 AE101: 20V ST 5spd, 4 wheel 1 off BBK and 5x114 swap
'93 SC300 1JZ-GTE Auto
The Following User Says Thank You to ASG14 For This Useful Post:
suriname1990 (01-27-2014)
post #3 of 27 Old 01-25-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
4th Generation 2000 Toyota Camry V6 5-Speed Manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASG14 View Post
There is no rear TRD strut brace. There is a rear strut bar. But they sell for way too much $ used. Pick yourself up a nice new Whiteline rear sway bar.

For springs, just get a set of Eibach. Really close to the TRD ones I think.
Ok then I will just go with the whiteline swaybars then since they should be have the same performance as the TRD rear swaybar correct? And yes I have seen the TRD and they are quite pricey.

I also think I will still get the TRD springs because they cost nearly the same as the Eibach's. I would feel a little more at ease knowing that I put sport springs on the car that are OEM. Pretty sweet.

Thank you for you input it is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM
WagonSC=Lots of groceries

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
On solaraguy.com, there is a thread of parts for sale by gregtrd. He is selling a set of NEW rear TRD struts and the price is pretty good. If i had not thrown away my OEM springs and bought tokico struts i would have bought these.

Here is the link
http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54473

There's also a shortshifter and more.

1994 Camry Wagon LE V6 Supercharged TRD RSB, TRD Spats, M62 SC, Tokico/H&R's What next?

post #5 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonsrule View Post
On solaraguy.com, there is a thread of parts for sale by gregtrd. He is selling a set of NEW rear TRD struts and the price is pretty good. If i had not thrown away my OEM springs and bought tokico struts i would have bought these.

Here is the link
http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54473

There's also a shortshifter and more.
Oh thanks a whole lot man for the heads up on this site. I went to the link you showed me and I realized that I have register for this site. I tried twice and I never get my confirmation link in the email. Something is wrong and I never had this sort of problem with registering on a website before. Can you possibly help me out with this? I want to buy that bar before it is gone. Oh gosh this sucks. Rare parts like that don't come around everyday lol..
post #6 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 05:57 PM

He doesn't have a TRD rear sway bar for sale, just the rear struts, but just that would stiff up the suspension real quick. I recommend the Whiteline RSB with that.

I posted the link to this thread in his thread. Maybe that will help.

1994 Camry Wagon LE V6 Supercharged TRD RSB, TRD Spats, M62 SC, Tokico/H&R's What next?

post #7 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
He doesn't have a TRD rear sway bar for sale, just the rear struts, but just that would stiff up the suspension real quick. I recommend the Whiteline RSB with that.

I posted the link to this thread in his thread. Maybe that will help.
Oh sorry I did not read it properly. I see it says TRD rear struts. Will those struts fit on my gen 4 camry sedan? If yes do you know the part number for the rear and the front? I went to the link and I am having problems registering with the site still. I do not know what to do. I have no problem with using the link.

2000 Camry LE Gallery Edition 1MZ-FE 5 speed manual 189k+
post #8 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 06:52 PM

I can't seem to find part number for these but the shocks are the SAME in almost all camry's from 92-01+ but these fit on any 97-01 Camry and Solara 99-03. The suspension is the same for your camry and the solara. The gen3 (92-96) had a slightly different front setup and the wagon's had BEEFY springs in the rear and slightly better shocks than the sedans and coupes. Apart from that, rear springs, struts and all are interchangeable between gen3 and gen4/solara's

The Following User Says Thank You to wagonsrule For This Useful Post:
suriname1990 (01-26-2014)
post #9 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
I can't seem to find part number for these but the shocks are the SAME in almost all camry's from 92-01+ but these fit on any 97-01 Camry and Solara 99-03. The suspension is the same for your camry and the solara. The gen3 (92-96) had a slightly different front setup and the wagon's had BEEFY springs in the rear and slightly better shocks than the sedans and coupes. Apart from that, rear springs, struts and all are interchangeable between gen3 and gen4/solara's
Great information for me dude. Big help. You have clarified for me the cross reference.

Do you think that the TRD rear sway bar has the same quality,durability, and performance as the whiteline swaybar?

I want to buy the TRD muffler for my car but it definitely pricey at around 500 bills. Do you think that I would gain the most benefit from buying the TRD muffler or should I just save some money and go aftermarket?

For my vehicle what would be the best TRD PARTS to not exclude in my build?
Super charger is going to be the last piece i install if I can ever afford one let alone find one.

post #10 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM

If you are gonna stay N/A (non boosted) i would get three things.
1st : CPE Intake (either tunable or non-tunable)"14.7 wheel hp and 15.4 wheel ft lbs, with peak differences of 17.5 wheel hp and 20.1 wheel ft lbs" dyno proven.

2nd : TRD RSB/Whiteline RSB. Really improves the car in corners. Though this should be joined with 3 or you won't see as much difference. Hell, i got a wagon and lifting the wheel well by hand i can't make the car sway, that's how stiff it is. The Whiteline is actually larger in diameter than the TRD (~0.9mm thicker) so if you can't find a TRD RSB, get the whiteline. Less hassle and Whiteline has great quality.

3: TRD Suspension setup. The TRD package is actually Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs. If you do buy the rear shocks from gregtrd, go eibach. Front shocks though... i honestly don't know. Sure Tokico's with Eibach's would do in front just fine in my opinion. H&R springs all around are a good idea too.

Exhaust will help to get more power especially if you get the CPE but by itself, its 500$ to get a better sound. Your car will get more top end power but minimal and may affect low end torque a bit. Go aftermarket if you want sound

And last advice... not that you have to take it.... but save up and forget exhaust and intake until you get the TRD S/C. It's totally worth it especially since you have a rare manual. The car will never be the same after.

post #11 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
If you are gonna stay N/A (non boosted) i would get three things.
1st : CPE Intake (either tunable or non-tunable)"14.7 wheel hp and 15.4 wheel ft lbs, with peak differences of 17.5 wheel hp and 20.1 wheel ft lbs" dyno proven.

2nd : TRD RSB/Whiteline RSB. Really improves the car in corners. Though this should be joined with 3 or you won't see as much difference. Hell, i got a wagon and lifting the wheel well by hand i can't make the car sway, that's how stiff it is. The Whiteline is actually larger in diameter than the TRD (~0.9mm thicker) so if you can't find a TRD RSB, get the whiteline. Less hassle and Whiteline has great quality.

3: TRD Suspension setup. The TRD package is actually Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs. If you do buy the rear shocks from gregtrd, go eibach. Front shocks though... i honestly don't know. Sure Tokico's with Eibach's would do in front just fine in my opinion. H&R springs all around are a good idea too.

Exhaust will help to get more power especially if you get the CPE but by itself, its 500$ to get a better sound. Your car will get more top end power but minimal and may affect low end torque a bit. Go aftermarket if you want sound

And last advice... not that you have to take it.... but save up and forget exhaust and intake until you get the TRD S/C. It's totally worth it especially since you have a rare manual. The car will never be the same after.
First I would like to say that since you say that putting in the TRD supercharger will yield to my car never being the same again, I will just save up then I buy one when the opportunity presents itself. This is very exciting news for me. Thanks for the recommendation

What is CPE? Are you speaking of a cold air intake?

Which is better in your opinion, the Bilsteins or the Tokicos? Which would you install on your car?

If I do not buy coilovers, I will do which ever shocks/struts you recommend synced with TRD springs for my car which cost the same as the Eibachs but is OEM sport made for my car and not aftermarket like the Eibachs. This feels right to me.

In the second paragraph you wrote, "Though this should be joined with 3 or you won't see as much difference". What do you mean by joined with 3?

Looking forward to your reply.

post #12 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM

CPE air intake is a special short ram air intake that is dyno tuned to net gains well above what you would get by just putting a ebay SRI. It comes with a controller usually that's connected to MAF if i remember....
Here is a pic and thread about it when someone on SG was selling it.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52113

This is a great thread to read. https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...uts-guide.html
I have no personal experience with Bilstein and don't know if they still make them for the camry. Lots of people on here will tell you that Tokico's are great. The TRD/Bilstein struts are supposed to be the best, stiffest of all suspension setups with eibach springs on them but... extremely stiff for normal road use.

Tokico/H&R springs is one of the setups most recommended here for gen3 and gen4/solara's. I have that setup on my car (well just the rear for now i haven't gotten to changing the front yet because of the bitter cold here)

---

The joined with 3 meant: You shouldn't buy a TRD RSB or Whiteline without buying #3 at the same time , which is a better suspension setup (coilovers, Tokico/H&R, etc.).

post #13 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 08:26 PM

Forgot to mention this thread. He is selling a Tokico with Eibach's for 400.

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/66...-part-out.html

He is also selling a whiteline RSB and a front strut brace. Both fit on your car. The RSB though you will have to send yours to him (or exchange in person) to make the deal.

post #14 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
CPE air intake is a special short ram air intake that is dyno tuned to net gains well above what you would get by just putting a ebay SRI. It comes with a controller usually that's connected to MAF if i remember....
Here is a pic and thread about it when someone on SG was selling it.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52113

This is a great thread to read. https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...uts-guide.html
I have no personal experience with Bilstein and don't know if they still make them for the camry. Lots of people on here will tell you that Tokico's are great. The TRD/Bilstein struts are supposed to be the best, stiffest of all suspension setups with eibach springs on them but... extremely stiff for normal road use.

Tokico/H&R springs is one of the setups most recommended here for gen3 and gen4/solara's. I have that setup on my car (well just the rear for now i haven't gotten to changing the front yet because of the bitter cold here)

---

The joined with 3 meant: You shouldn't buy a TRD RSB or Whiteline without buying #3 at the same time , which is a better suspension setup (coilovers, Tokico/H&R, etc.).
Thanks for that thread and yea what a great thread it is. I read it and I see to my preference that Tokico is definitely the way to go for me. The Biletein is mainly for race but If I can find them cheap then heck yeah. I had a BMW M3 once and I set up Monroe shocks with Eibach springs and it was a beautiful ride for me. It was stiff and bouncy which felt great when I was cruising. I am looking for that again, but even better, you understand.

So since you have the Tokico/ H&R set up in the rear, how does the rear feel?

I do not really want H&R because it would defeat the purpose of me having a Japan inspired vehicle with german technology. Does that sound right? I think maybe or I could be wrong. That is like putting Bosch spark plugs in my engine.

post #15 of 27 Old 01-26-2014, 10:02 PM

The rear is EPIC compared to the stock gen3/4 sedan setup i had in the rear. (The OEM gen3 wagon setup was SO different in its own way. The rear springs were easily 3 times bigger than the gen3/4 sedan springs and progressive rate. My dad accidentaly thew out the springs i had stored at his house so i had to buy a new setup) I can now go up to 70+ km/h in curves i could barely go 50 and my shocks in front are blown. It's that much of a difference.

Most of that is due to the TRD RSB though ( i keep it at the stiffer race setting). The wagon even seems almost tail happy because of the stiff rear. I love it up to now.

From what i heard of the complete setup its gonna be pretty stiff. Can't really say much on ride quality yet because of blown fronts.

--
IMHO, you should get the TRD rear struts from gregtrd on solaraguy and buy 4cylcthriller's tokico's for the front and reuse his eibach for the rear. Since you have a gen4, a tower bar or beefier front sway bar would negate any advantage of having bilstein /TRD's at all 4 wheels and would make for a comfier ride without sacrificing too much handling.

Your suspension options are:

Cheapest : Tokico/Eibach Setup 400$ from 4cylthriller
Great : Tokico/Eibach in front w/ TRD/Eibach in rear from 4cylthriller and gregtrd 520$
Best : TRD/Bilstein at all 4 wheels...
Coilovers could be the same price or even cheaper than having a complete bilstein/eibach setup.

--

I personally don't mind having german engineering in my vehicule. It's already a US made car with Japanese design and chinese parts everywhere

Last edited by wagonsrule; 01-26-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Commerce > For Sale > Car Parts for sale, trade, & wanted > Car parts for trade, wanted parts, or free offers