driver seat clicking noise - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018) Forums dedicated to the 11th generation Toyota Corolla, as well as the directly related Scion iM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
driver seat clicking noise

Hey guys new member here. I have a '15 corolla le with a clicking noise on the driver's seat. The noise comes from the left bottom part of the seat at the hinge area. I couldn't seem to find anything about it.
I recently got my regular service done at the dealer and got them to check it. Obviously no fault found. It's intermittent but when it does happen usually during stop and go traffic and uphill start/stops. Has anyone come across this issue before? I'm thinking of dropping off the car for an overnight roadtest with dealer.... thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
Welcome to Toyotanation!

I would check the seat bolts are not loose. The seat has 2 locating dowels in the front base of the seat. These located the mounting bolts. Try to also rock the seat in each position of the seat rails travel. It is possible to have more movent at certain points of the seat track.

In the garage,

9th Gen Corolla XRS
2012 Mazda 5

"If it ain't broke yet, it's probably still working like a Swiss time piece; until you open it up and all hell breaks loose"
post #3 of 25 Old 05-04-2018, 08:43 PM
New TN User

I'm having this same exact issue on my '16 LE and am starting to notice this on my '17 SE. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to have this problem! The dealership looks at me like I'm crazy and can't fix this for me. It always happens with stop/go and the occasional uphill climb. It's a very annoying click.
post #4 of 25 Old 05-16-2018, 08:48 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplates View Post
I'm having this same exact issue on my '16 LE and am starting to notice this on my '17 SE. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to have this problem! The dealership looks at me like I'm crazy and can't fix this for me. It always happens with stop/go and the occasional uphill climb. It's a very annoying click.
My 17 SE has it as well. I can't quite determine if it is the seat or something else. It seems completely independent of me being in the seat, and I can't replicate it by moving my fat ass around in the seat. The only time I hear it is when I hit the gas or let off of the gas.

Hit the gas... tick.

Let off the gas... tick.

It's starting to drive me mad, lol.

2017 Corolla SE - Teins and Rays
2018 F150 XLT Sport - Whipple Supercharged Monster
post #5 of 25 Old 05-31-2018, 12:54 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I think I located the noise in my car. Yesterday I was running a 1/0 power cable in preparation to do the stereo install. I had the drivers seat out and a bunch of panels off to aid in running the wire.

While I was working on that and had the car tore apart I figured I would try to figure out that sound. So I was fiddling with things under the dash and I replicated the sound I was hearing that I thought was the seat.

What I found was that if I ever so slightly nudged the hood release cable, it would contact a piece of metal and make a ticking sound. I still can't really figure out how that cable is moving on its own, unless the firewall flexes a bit. I ended up wrapping the cable in some padded felt tape and the noise stopped when nudging the wire by hand.

I did not notice the noise this morning when driving to work, but I honestly was not paying attention. I'll for sure pay attention this afternoon on my way home.

Fingers crossed this mystery is solved.

2017 Corolla SE - Teins and Rays
2018 F150 XLT Sport - Whipple Supercharged Monster
post #6 of 25 Old 05-31-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Ok so I’ve finally got the time to look into this myself. Btw it’s good to know that I wasn’t the only person with this issue. What I’ve done so far is removed the driver’s cover panel and left the adjustment handles so I can recline/move the seat. I’ve driven it today and I think I’ve isolated the noise from under the seat. I think I’ll remove the seat and investigate. I’ll keep posted!
post #7 of 25 Old 06-08-2018, 12:14 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Guys,

came here to share same problem with my corolla 2016. 03 Month ago, started a clicking noise when I accelerate or brake. It is a metal clicking noise located on my seat. if I move my seat all the way to the back, will not happen the clicking/popping noise. I tried 02 dealers and no luck. they keep saying that "everything is ok" (of course the say). They keep pushing the problem, maybe, until the warranty ends, and then, find the problem and charge you some $$. I'm opening a case with Toyota USA, will not lose my time anymore at the dealer.
post #8 of 25 Old 06-08-2018, 12:17 AM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmermaine View Post
Ok so Iíve finally got the time to look into this myself. Btw itís good to know that I wasnít the only person with this issue. What Iíve done so far is removed the driverís cover panel and left the adjustment handles so I can recline/move the seat. Iíve driven it today and I think Iíve isolated the noise from under the seat. I think Iíll remove the seat and investigate. Iíll keep posted!
Hello, Did you solve the problem? If yes,what you did?
post #9 of 25 Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I had this issue on my '15 S-Plus; had it fixed under warranty by the dealer. clicking gone and never an issue again.
post #10 of 25 Old 08-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Bump this post up. Has anybody found the issue? I’m having this issue on my 17 SE 50th and 16 Special Edition. I’m at the point where I blast my music to mute it
post #11 of 25 Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 AM
New TN User

Ive been having the exact same issue with my '17 Corolla SE for a few weeks now and just got back from the dealership. Same thing - clicking when I hit the gas, let go of the gas, incline, decline, and turns. When I put my hand on the side of the seat you can even feel the click.

They we're also "Unable to reproduce the noice". They did however loosen and tighten the seat. On my way to work I didn't hear anything.

I'll keep you all posted if this resolved the issue or not.
post #12 of 25 Old 12-07-2018, 09:59 AM
New TN User

Hey everybody i'm new on this site but unfurtunately i'm having the same issue on my toyota corolla 2018 le that clicking noise on the driver seat plus i hace notice another strange noise comming from the dash while driving on bumpy rodes it's really unconfortable to hear these noises i have search to se if i could find the source of it but no lucck on that
post #13 of 25 Old 12-21-2018, 04:12 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have the same issues, and it feels like it moves a little too.
post #14 of 25 Old 12-25-2018, 08:12 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Also sounds like it's coming from everywhere sometimes.
post #15 of 25 Old 01-12-2019, 03:05 PM
New TN User

I am having that same issue on my toyota corolla 2018 le seat clicking noise the dash noise also i will really try to find the source of it because it is really unconfortable hearing that noise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018)