2018 Corolla Steering wheel - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018) Forums dedicated to the 11th generation Toyota Corolla, as well as the directly related Scion iM

1Likes
  • 1 Post By DjAnnexAlpha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-21-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2018 Corolla Steering wheel

I bought my toyota in feburary and the steering wheel was off center to the right. Brought it back a week later and they said it was out of alignment. They said it came from the factory that way then they fixed it but after they fixed it the steering wheel was off center to the left. I took it back again they said it would be no problem getting it centered for me. Well, guess what..its still off center to the left but just by an 1/8 of an inch or so. It doesnt sound like huge deal but its annoying driving down the road. I dont know why its so difficult to center a steering wheel. Im debating whether to try to have it corrected again or just leave it alone dont really want them to keep messing with it and tired of taking it back and having to wait over an hour each time. Is it common for toyota to have this issue? Any advice is welcome thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2019, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Well...thats a first. Never had a misaligned steering wheel. Definitely take it back. My issue is this: what if they didn't properly mount it, you perform an emergency maneuver or hard turn and the steering wheel becomes loose? Not trying to add to the anxiety but the steering wheel is the only thing (besides pedals) that you use to control the vehicle. Take it to a different stealership.
SupremeCorolla451 likes this.

Vroom Vroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018)