Turbocharging an 11th gen iM - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018) Forums dedicated to the 11th generation Toyota Corolla, as well as the directly related Scion iM

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vangm25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Turbocharging an 11th gen iM

I was curious if anyone knows of any iM's that have been turbocharged? I'm hoping to do mine this summer and the lack of info is saddening, but expected. My biggest concern right now is the tuning. I was planning on using the turbokits.com kit that was made for the 10th gen. The part number for the exhaust manifold on the 2zr-fe and the 2zr-fae is luckily the same so the turbo manifold will bolt on no problem. But of course, the valvematic system on the 2zr-fae might be an issue for the aem fic. A lot of what I just said is rambling nonsense but I'm mostly wanting to know what other people think about this project in general so whoever reads this, please post your thoughts! Also if anyone knows of any turbocharged 11th gen sedans,point me to those too as I'm sure they'd be cool to look at as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
If you got the time, money, resources, technical know-how, the connections, you can do anything and almost everything you want on your car. If you don't have any of that, I don't recommend it. Otherwise you are the guinea pig. You are the one who is gonna find out for everyone.
sdspeed likes this.

post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Former TN Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
you'll be the first, these cars are bought to be cheap reliable transport, not many people would want to mess with it. OVtune has a 91 octane tune for this car. check them out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018)