Corolla 2014 A/C Intermittent - HELP - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018) Forums dedicated to the 11th generation Toyota Corolla, as well as the directly related Scion iM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Corolla 2014 A/C Intermittent - HELP

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, thanks in advance for your patience!

Been having an issue on my gf's 2014 Corolla (Canada) with 60k miles. Here's the info:

1- A/C blows cold (very cold) when temperature is mild
2- A/C not functioning when temperature is warm (above 25C)
3- Refrigerant pressures are ok as per Toyota recommendations (No Leak)
4- The compressor connector (electrical) receives constant 14V with engine ON whether A/C activated or not

I'm starting to question the Evaporator coil thermistor and/or the refrigerant pressure switch being faulty.

I'm not sure if the Solenoid at the compressor (not a conventional clutch-type compressor from my understanding) is a normally open or normally closed solenoid. If it is normally open and the flow is prohibited when it receives voltage, then this would mean a sensor is protecting the system somehow or is faulty.

Anyone have any idea why I can do to rectify this? Should I swap out the thermistor? Pressure switch? Change the compressor? Compressor solenoid? Any bit helps.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

JDF88
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-15-2019, 09:13 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Or Maybe you need to check your A/C amplifier(It's under your dashboard, driver side). It should not send 14v when you ac is not active.
you can use the Techstream to check your data list(air conditioner). using this you will find out if you pressure sensor, your ambient temperature sensor, evaporator temperature sensor is functioning. you can also use it to check your regulator control current. it should be 0 if you turn off your ac.

Last edited by jinzwjm; 07-15-2019 at 09:31 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-15-2019, 09:39 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF88 View Post
Hello All,

I'm starting to question the Evaporator coil thermistor and/or the refrigerant pressure switch being faulty.

Kind Regards,

JDF88
I dont think it will be your evaporator coil thermistor as a issue. because this part will only cut off your ac system when the temperature is below 0C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018)