Unreliable CVT..! - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018) Forums dedicated to the 11th generation Toyota Corolla, as well as the directly related Scion iM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 16 Old 02-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Luisuraq-I would argue to say that the car simply needs an alignment to cure you "handling" woes. My guess, is that the caster is off just enough to warrant a pull or possibly the camber is just a hair more on one side. One your initial post you also mention noises. As others have mentioned, a quick video highlighting these noises would be spectacular.

I would like to know how your CVT has been since the replacement tranny was installed. As far as your comment regarding the "Reman" unit, most manufacturers have been doing this for years. It's cost effective and the reman center replaces only the parts that fail. In your case, with a low mileage CVT, all other parts are new.

My guess as to what happened to your initial CVT tranny was poor internal pressure causing a slipping CVT "belt". How many miles do you have on the vehicle at present?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 11th Gen (Sedan 2014-2019)/Scion iM (2016-2018)