Toyota Announces Prices For All-New Hybrid Synergy Drive-Powered Highlander Hybrid SU - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota News News and discussion related to the Toyota family brand.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-01-2005, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
it was all a dream

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 1,898 Times in 8 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Toyota Announces Prices For All-New Hybrid Synergy Drive-Powered Highlander Hybrid SU

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the all-new gas-electric 2006 Highlander Hybrid midsize sport utility vehicle (SUV). Toyota also announced a small price adjustment for the Prius gas-electric hybrid sedan. Both vehicles are powered by Toyota's breakthrough Hybrid Synergy Drive powertrain.

The Highlander Hybrid joins the popular Prius sedan, making Toyota the first brand to offer both a passenger car and an SUV with hybrid powertrains. Highlander Hybrid is also the first seven-passenger hybrid SUV in the automotive industry. The Highlander Hybrid combines a 3.3-liter V6 engine with a high-torque electric drive motor-generator to deliver exhilarating performance, with fuel economy ratings similar to a four-cylinder compact car, and the lowest emissions rating in the mid-size SUV segment.

Highlander Hybrid offers the versatility, refinement, and comfort expected in a mid-size SUV. The Highlander Hybrid will be available in two-wheel-drive and electric four-wheel-drive with intelligence (4WD-i) - the world's first application of electric four-wheel-drive with intelligence in the non-luxury SUV segment. Other key technology features in Highlander Hybrid include electronic air conditioning and power steering, electronically controlled brakes, and electronically controlled continuously variable transmission.

The Highlander Hybrid will be powered by a new version of Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive powertrain specifically developed to meet the load-carrying requirements and performance expectations of mid-size SUV buyers. Its all-new high-speed electric motor operates at a higher speed and delivers more power, producing 268 peak-combined horsepower with a standard towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. Highlander Hybrid provides rapid acceleration with a 0-60 MPH time of just 7.3 seconds for the electric four-wheel-drive with intelligence (4WD-i) and delivers the best fuel economy ratings in the mid-size SUV segment.

The Highlander Hybrid 4x2 carries an estimated EPA fuel efficiency rating of 33 mpg in city driving, 28 mpg on the highway. Its combined city/highway estimated EPA fuel efficiency rating of 30 mpg exceeds most V8 powered SUV's by more than 100 percent and is better than the current EPA average – 27.1 mpg - for a compact four-cylinder sedan. The estimated EPA city/highway fuel efficiency rating for 4WD-i models is an impressive 31/27 with a combined rating of 29 mpg. In addition, Highlander Hybrid will be rated as a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV). One of the most stringent emissions ratings in the industry, SULEV-rated vehicles emit nearly 70 percent fewer smog-forming emissions than conventionally-powered SUV's.
Like all Toyota SUV's the Highlander Hybrid will come standard with Toyota's Star Safety System, which includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). The Highlander Hybrid further enhances the Star Safety System with the addition of the all-new Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system. This new system goes well beyond conventional traction and stability controls that simply react to challenging driving conditions. Instead, VDIM anticipates loss of vehicle control in virtually any direction and makes corrections while allowing higher dynamic capability.

Highlander Hybrid provides an impressive array of standard safety technology including driver and front passenger advanced front airbags. Front-seat mounted side airbags include first and second row roll-sensing side curtain airbags. Additional safety features include height-adjustable headrests and three-point seatbelts with pretensioners and belt-force limiters in the front seats. Second- and third-row seats also incorporate height-adjustable headrests and three-point seatbelts in all seating positions.

The exterior styling is freshened with the addition of a new chrome accented front grille, a new front bumper with a wide intake, rear LED tail lamps and chrome license plate garnish. The interior styling adds optitron illuminated gauges featuring a multi-information display.

Like the conventional Highlander, the Highlander Hybrid is equipped with a vast amount of standard convenience features making it a tremendous value. Standard equipment on the base grade Highlander Hybrid includes three rows of seats, defroster-linked air conditioning with a cabin filter, power windows and door locks, deluxe 3-in-1 AM/FM/ETR cassette/CD sound system with six speakers, remote keyless entry, tonneau cover, UV-reduction glass, cruise control, roof rack, and rear privacy glass.

Value is further enhanced with additional standard equipment on the Highlander Hybrid, which is either optional or not available on the conventional Highlander. These added standard features include an eight-way power driver seat with power lumbar support, front-seat mounted side airbags with second row roll-sensing side curtain airbags, 17-inch five-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, in-glass antenna, daytime running lights, tow prep package, HomeLinkâ universal remote control system, engine immobilizer, mudguards, and a cold weather package that includes heated outside mirrors and a windshield de-icer grid.
All of this additional standard equipment carries a value of more than $2,300.

With its numerous standard features the base Highlander Hybrid offers one option package which includes a JBL 3-in-1 AM/FM cassette with a six-disc in-dash CD changer and eight speakers in six locations and FM diversity reception, steering wheel audio controls, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, integrated fog lamps, and a color-keyed rear spoiler.

The 4x2 base Highlander Hybrid will carry an MSRP of $33,030. The 4WD-i base Highlander Hybrid will carry an MSRP of $34,430.

In addition to the base grade features, standard equipment on the Highlander Hybrid Limited model includes automatic climate control with air filtration and humidity control sensors, four-way power passenger seat, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, anti-theft alarm system, wood-grain style interior trim, leather-trimmed shift handle, door scuff plates, and an auto-dimming mirror with integrated electronic compass.

Like the base grade, the Limited model adds standard equipment, which is either optional or not available on the conventional Highlander Limited. With a value of more than $3,200, added standard features include a JBL premium 3-in-1 audio system with a six-disc CD-changer and eight speakers in six locations, leather-trim seats, front-seat mounted side airbags with second row roll-sensing side curtain airbags, seat heaters, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, and a tow prep package. With the exception of an optional touch screen DVD navigation system, every feature on the Limited grade is standard equipment, creating a tremendous value.

The base MSRP for the 4x2 Highlander Hybrid Limited will be $37,890. The Highlander Hybrid Limited with 4WD-i will carry an MSRP of $39,290.

The Highlander Hybrid will begin arriving in Toyota dealerships in June 2005.

The groundbreaking Toyota Prius midsize sedan remains the best-selling gas-electric hybrid vehicle in the United States and the world. The most fuel-efficient midsize car in America, the Hybrid Synergy Drive powered Prius delivers exceptional fuel efficiency without compromising performance, comfort and safety.

Beginning April 4, the 2005 Prius will receive an adjusted MSRP of $20,975, a slight increase of $100, or 0.5 percent.

To meet heavy demand, last Fall Toyota announced a 100 percent increase in Prius allocation to the U.S. to nearly 100,000 units for 2005. This marked the second production increase for the second-generation Prius since its launch in October 2003.
With this added allocation, Toyota expects to alleviate the delivery delays some customers have been experiencing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Canada

The above is for US Pricing...here's Canadian Pricing!!

2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER HYBRID: PERFORMANCE, FUEL ECONOMY, SAFETY AND UTILITY
Pricing announced for new intermediate hybrid SUV with best-in-class fuel economy

(TORONTO) – With better performance than many conventional V8’s, the fuel economy of a compact car, and outstanding all-weather handling and stability, the 2006 Highlander Hybrid gasoline/electric hybrid is the new star of Toyota’s popular intermediate Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) lineup. In addition to outstanding performance, the Highlander Hybrid is also the world’s first intermediate hybrid SUV to offer 3rd row seating.

When the Highlander Hybrid joins the lineup alongside the Prius, Toyota becomes the first automotive manufacturer to offer a full gasoline/electric hybrid in both the intermediate SUV and mid-size passenger car segments. Available in both 5- and 7-passenger configurations, the 2006 Highlander Hybrid was designed using a range of advanced technologies to create a vehicle with true SUV power and versatility, plus exceptional fuel economy and emissions performance.

· The Highlander Hybrid is powered by a new version of Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD) powertrain, specifically developed to meet the demands of an intermediate SUV. HSD features an Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) and Toyota’s first-ever application of on-demand electronic 4-wheel-drive with intelligence (4WD-i). The 3.3-litre V6 works seamlessly with a high-torque electric drive motor-generator developing a peak system output equivalent to 268 horsepower and zero to sixty acceleration in 7.3 seconds.
· Fuel consumption (L/100 km) is half that of conventionally-powered SUVs at 7.5 city, 8.1 highway and 7.8 combined.
· SUV performance is enhanced with Toyota’s new Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system. VDIM is an advanced safety system that anticipates and corrects directional stability with a combination of braking and throttle control.
· Emissions performance meets Environment Canada’s Tier 2 Bin 3, and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) tailpipe standard.
· As kind to the eye as it is to the environment, the new Highlander Hybrid has been restyled to emphasize its sporty performance with new 17-inch split five-spoke alloy wheels, chrome accented front grille, new front bumper, rear LED tail lamps, and chrome licence plate trim.

“Toyota is the acknowledged leader in hybrid technology, and the Highlander Hybrid uses our most advanced hybrid powertrain to date,” said Tony Wearing, Managing Director of Toyota Canada Inc. “Add to that the enhanced safety benefits of VDIM, and the utility of 3rd row seating, and the result is a new benchmark in performance, fuel economy, safety and versatility in the class.”

The new Highlander Hybrid goes on sale in Canada this summer. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for the well-equipped 5-passenger model, with standard air conditioning, cruise control, keyless entry, VDIM, and power windows and doorlocks, is $44,205. MSRP for the luxurious 7-passenger model, with leather interior, automatic climate control, anti-theft system, and premium audio is $53,145.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Sold out for a Max

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow guys can i get some cliff notes.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Next time I see Cliff...I'll ask him!
post #5 of 7 Old 05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Camry Freak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
whoa....base prices start at over 30 large? and the Limited 4x4 really goes deep into Lexus RX-330 territory....(w/o hybrid). Keep in mind the Lexus is a generation ahead of the Highlander too..... I'm sure they'll sell, but holy crap, that's a lotta chump change for a SUV that's been around for several years. (Unless they are meaning this new Highlander will be a complete redesign)

I'm sorry, but for 39,000 bucks, my money (if I had that much to spend on a vehicle) would definately go someplace else. If people want good gas mileage and cargo space....hmmmm...what were those things they had a while back..oh yeah....station wagons. For nearly 40 grand, I'd be much happier in a one year old BMW 540i or Benz E320 or E500 wagon. Heck, some of those bmws are called sport wagons anyway... so you get a SUW instead of a SUV. big deal....lol.

1998 Camry LE (Sold), 2007 Camry Hybrid, 2016 Accord Coupe
post #6 of 7 Old 05-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Hmmmm.

If I get placement at the new toyota/scion facility in woodstock, I think I will angle for one of these!

2004 RX330 Sport
2004 Matrix XR
1998 CamCE I4 Super Commuter!
1997 CamLE I4

Gone:
2003 Cam I4 XLE
2000 Cam XLE Gold Edition V6
post #7 of 7 Old 05-13-2005, 11:03 PM
TN の がしょう

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Yeah, I figured the new Hybrid Highlander will be priced around that range. But once the Lexus RX400H goes on sale, I think they'll get the highlander.

2015 Camry XSE V6 - Ultra Racing FTB | SRI Intake | Nitto NT555G2 | TRD
2018 Highlander LTD AWD
2017 RAV4 XLE
2017 Corolla iM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News