Attention - Upcoming Password Changes - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota Nation Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 39 Old 06-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
It looks like to me that this whole mess was for a Progressive Insurance ad since it was the verification needed in my case.
W95c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 08:45 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was never able to figure out how to reset my password with the user name "Endzone". I never saw an option to "reset password" after I was unable to log in. I never received an email. I'm going to try and go with a new user name "Endzone2".

Here is where I got hung up at this step. I wasn't able to make heads or tails out of this. Even after I "clicked to reveal security code" I wasn't sure what they wanted me to enter. Whatever I entered, it wasn't happy with it.

Last edited by Endzone2; 06-18-2016 at 09:08 AM.
post #18 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Forum Admin

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone2 View Post
I was never able to figure out how to reset my password with the user name "Endzone". I never saw an option to "reset password" after I was unable to log in. I never received an email. I'm going to try and go with a new user name "Endzone2".

Here is where I got hung up at this step. I wasn't able to make heads or tails out of this. Even after I "clicked to reveal security code" I wasn't sure what they wanted me to enter. Whatever I entered, it wasn't happy with it.

send us a PM,

It probably is because your email address is not the same as you think it is.

Also you just go to the log in screen and you can hit forgot password. but if you do not know the email address or no longer have access that will not work. So PM us and we will help.

Helena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 10:12 AM
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone2 View Post

Endzone, You have to click on the black bar " Click to reveal security code" and the code is " Switch to Progressive".
That is why I think this was a way to generate revenue for TN. I appreciate the fact that TN is free for the casual user but this password reset is a Fuster Cluck!
I belong to many forums and this is the only one that had some sort of problem.

W95c

Last edited by White95Cam; 06-18-2016 at 10:17 AM.
post #20 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 10:15 AM
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2071 Post(s)
Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,097 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
No, the reason for the password resets is because the parent company of AutoGuide, Vertical Scope, got hacked and lost 45million usernames, passwords, and email addresses along with user IP addresses and some other information. This happened in February but only NOW are they doing anything about it. Either they've known all this time and chose to ignore it or didn't realize it until now, either of which is just unacceptable and points to complete disregard for the protection of user data and a total ineptitude on their part.
post #21 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
No, the reason for the password resets is because the parent company of AutoGuide, Vertical Scope, got hacked and lost 45million usernames, passwords, and email addresses along with user IP addresses and some other information. This happened in February but only NOW are they doing anything about it. Either they've known all this time and chose to ignore it or didn't realize it until now, either of which is just unacceptable and points to complete disregard for the protection of user data and a total ineptitude on their part.
I wonder if this is where the flood of spam/junk mail that flooded my Hotmail account came from? I only use it for forum communications.
I still find the "Progressive" verification very suspicious.
W95c
post #22 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 10:57 AM
TN Post Wh*re

Lifetime Supreme Member
post #23 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White95Cam View Post
Endzone, You have to click on the black bar " Click to reveal security code" and the code is " Switch to Progressive".
That is why I think this was a way to generate revenue for TN. I appreciate the fact that TN is free for the casual user but this password reset is a Fuster Cluck!
I belong to many forums and this is the only one that had some sort of problem.

W95c
Thanks for your help. I was able to finally get the right security word or phrase. I logged out with the user name "Endzone2", and then attempted to reset the password for "Endzone". But, when I received the email, it was for the user name "Endzone2" and not "Endzone". I should have stopped right there, but then in trying to reset the password for Endzone2, I also got messed up with that. The temporary password for Endzone2 did not work, and the original password for Endzone2 no longer worked either. So, I had to make a 3rd user name and start over. But when I made the 3rd user name it said the email address I had been using was already in use, and so I had to use an email address I didn't want to use which is my main email address.

I am really frustrated by this password nonsense. Why in the world does this forum include advertising (Progressive) with resetting a password? Come on man, that is ridiculous! I've been on many college football forums and photography forums and others, and I have never seen advertising included with resetting a password. The advertising just causes confusion.

I think I found out how to unsubscribe from all threads, so I hope that works. What I'm thinking now is that each year I'm going to have to go through this craziness of resetting my password? Didn't I read somewhere that our passwords will only be good for a year? Sorry to bitch. Maybe everybody else is just a lot smarter than me. That could be the problem--haha. Thanks.

I was just wondering what I will be next year at this time. Will I be Endzone4, or Endzone5, or Endzone6? I guess I'll have to make up some new email addresses to registar.

Last edited by Endzone3; 06-18-2016 at 12:37 PM.
post #24 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone3 View Post
Thanks for your help. I was able to finally get the right security word or phrase. I logged out with the user name "Endzone2", and then attempted to reset the password for "Endzone". But, when I received the email, it was for the user name "Endzone2" and not "Endzone". I should have stopped right there, but then in trying to reset the password for Endzone2, I also got messed up with that. The temporary password for Endzone2 did not work, and the original password for Endzone2 no longer worked either. So, I had to make a 3rd user name and start over. But when I made the 3rd user name it said the email address I had been using was already in use, and so I had to use an email address I didn't want to use which is my main email address.

I am really frustrated by this password nonsense. Why in the world does this forum include advertising (Progressive) with resetting a password? Come on man, that is ridiculous! I've been on many college football forums and photography forums and others, and I have never seen advertising included with resetting a password. The advertising just causes confusion.

I think I found out how to unsubscribe from all threads, so I hope that works. What I'm thinking now is that each year I'm going to have to go through this craziness of resetting my password? Didn't I read somewhere that our passwords will only be good for a year? Sorry to bitch. Maybe everybody else is just a lot smarter than me. That could be the problem--haha. Thanks.

I was just wondering what I will be next year at this time. Will I be Endzone4, or Endzone5, or Endzone6? I guess I'll have to make up some new email addresses to registar.
Since no administrator as replied to debunk my theory then I must be correct. I am sure that TN will collect a great deal of money from the forced ad clicks.
Although I have been on here quite a few years I seriously considered canceling my membership and posting on another forum. This far from the only one on the interweb!
W95c
post #25 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by White95Cam View Post
Since no administrator as replied to debunk my theory then I must be correct. I am sure that TN will collect a great deal of money from the forced ad clicks.
Although I have been on here quite a few years I seriously considered canceling my membership and posting on another forum. This far from the only one on the interweb!
W95c
Do you think these forums are run for free? What's the problem with some outside advertising to help pay for the web space. Who helps you two put your pants on?

2012 SE FWD V6
Silver & Black
post #26 of 39 Old 06-18-2016, 04:07 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Lifetime Supreme Member
A wise man once said that when something is free you're the product being sold.
White95Cam likes this.
post #27 of 39 Old 06-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Do you think these forums are run for free? What's the problem with some outside advertising to help pay for the web space. Who helps you two put your pants on?
1. So, are you speaking for TN administrators and admitting that I am correct in my assessment?
2. You should know that there is a long list of site sponsors that support TN . If it were operating at a deficit it would have been shut down years ago.
3. I can still dress myself, but thank you for your concern.
W95c

Last edited by White95Cam; 06-19-2016 at 01:21 PM.
post #28 of 39 Old 06-20-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Forum Admin

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey all,

We can confirm it was a third party plugin that was breached, and all vB sites, regardless of the version they are running, were affected by this. We cannot name this plugin or give much more information as it is currently being dealt with on a legal level.

As for the ads, we can confirm these are for revenue of course, however this reset and the verification process was not. The Progressive ad is just one of many.

Dayle
post #29 of 39 Old 06-20-2016, 05:51 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how to fix toyota corolla 2007 radio and time clock off

Hello Everyone,

I have my 2007 Toyota Corolla, today morning suddenly the radio and the clock is got switched off. I am not sure what went wrong. My suspect and based on research I did, it feels like that one of the fuse is gone. How do I know which fuse I need to buy and fix it?

If possible please give me detail answer as I am very new to this things.

Please help me here all the experts.

Thanks for all your time and advise.
post #30 of 39 Old 06-21-2016, 06:21 PM
unofficial TN member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
just so i am clearly understanding this situation, for everyone that already changed the passwords, due to the emails that were sent out, we are forced to change our passwords AGAIN a SECOND time?

For Sale: (4) Toyota Camry OEM 15" Alloy wheels $50.00

00 camry le 5s-fe 265k miles
98 camry xle 1mz-fe totaled @ 150k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota Nation Site Issue Forum