AVOID: Brimell Toyota - Toronto, ON - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota Dealers Toyota dealership reviews, comments, and discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Canada AVOID: Brimell Toyota - Toronto, ON

Did You Know?
Brimell Toyota is a Horrible Dealership!!

Just a strong warning to anyone thinking of purchasing (and particularly SERVICING) their vehicle at Brimell Toyota in Scarborough/Toronto, ON. You will be lied to, your vehicle will be mistreated/damaged, service items will be missed, you'll waste incredible amounts of time, and you'll get attitude that one typically expects from a Chrysler dealer.

Unfortunately I've had little option but to service with this Dealership over the past years - always having to go in 2 and 3 times to resolve complaints. Frustrating to no end.

So when Toyota Canada sent me a survey about my last service visit, I was frank about the poor quality of Brimell Toyota service, lack of attention to detail, and the "not my problem" or "too difficult to resolve" attitude that many of their technician's illustrate.

Weeks go by and then Brimell's Customer Management Operations rep calls - harassing me for almost a week at home and work to schedule an appointment to resolve my on-going concerns. He talks about seeing my feedback and his committment to Customer Service, his years of experience in automotive and aerospace QA and how he really cares about these things. Alas my first warning that things were going to sour should have been how quick he was to pass the buck to Toyota Manufacturing about quality (finger pointing that somewhat surprised me - something typical of an outsider and not part of the Toyota family). Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that someone might actually care at Brimell Service Dept....so perhaps there's light at the end of the tunnel. So I bite - and schedule the service appointment to meet and resolve my defects.

Several days later he calls back and tells me that they aren't able to fix my concerns and that I should consider an alternate dealer (effectively - take my business elsewhere). I'm floored!!

It seems after going through a "panel" of staff to review my service concerns, they realized how (appropriately) low I ranked them on their Customer Satisfaction Index - and made a decision that I should take my vehicle elsewhere. Ahhh...someone's feelings got hurt...

Clearly this is a dealership that is all talk, no action - and devoid of any of any of Toyota's values (Customer First, Quality, Continuous Improvement, etc). If it was up to me, I'd pull their franchaise agreement...I'd be better off servicing my vehicle with Canadian Tire or Jiffy Lube (and a lot more convenient!!)

Committment to Vehicle Service: FAIL
Committment to Customer Service: FAIL
Committment to Continuous Improvement: FAIL
Committment to Integrity & Honesty: FAIL
Committment to Quality Operations: FAIL
Future Dealership Viability: FAIL

Last edited by rolla-XRS; 11-19-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Vivir el momento

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,532 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Care to share the full story behind your bad experience there?
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Vivir el momento

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,532 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
No I don't work for Brimell or any other dealership for that matter. I'm just a regular guy.

Ugh... what a mess.

Glad to hear that you found a better dealer now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Got more info today from Scarborough Toyota. Car is still at the dealership but then the laundry list of fixs was pretty long. The service manager drove it home overnight to diagnose all sorts of rattles - and it was good to hear him say that he was going bonkers on the trip. Guess I wasn't being picky or going crazy afterall...

So it would appear that Brimell techs, when trying to solve my original rattle problem (singular) before bent the metal holder for the maplight - which rattled around like crazy. The also didn't correctly reinstall the headliner or rear window deck. So Scarborough took the opportunity to felt the whole deck and install properly. Excellent!

The cowling rattle against the front windshield was due to poor installation by Brimell back when they replaced this piece in the spring. They were really cheap on the felt so all sorts of spots were missed - and they even broke the cowling during install. A new part ordered, lots of felt and she's better than new.

I'm beside myself now...how can so many techs at Brimell be so bad at their job. Mindboggling.

post #5 of 8 Old 12-17-2009, 09:57 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bloodmoneyflow; 12-21-2009 at 10:58 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Born to Drive

i feel like scarborough area toyota dealers are all pretty bad.

i went to Scarborough Toyota to get a tire resealed due to a slow leak....it should have been a very very fast job but it took forever. 2 and half hours to be exact.

what drove me bonkers was that the fucker who drove my car into the mechanic's bay didn't release the handbrake and he power dragged and screeched my rear tires all the way inside...leaving tire marks everywhere
I was so pissed, but no one even came out and apologized or anything. they just acted like nothing happened.

i was supposed to get a free car wash, which was why i went. they threatened not to give me the wash if my antenna didn't go all the way back in...so i pushed it in with my hand, and they still said no ...it's not all the way in...and i had to convince them that it's the lowest it goes.

My Once Beloved Camry
Rest in Peace
NEW ES300 5SPD SUPERCHARGED BUILD THREAD
post #7 of 8 Old 03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Official TN Member

I lived in Scarborough for 4 months last year while on co-op, and safe to say I found it a better idea to commute from Oshawa for my second co-op in Toronto. Also safe to say I don't plan on living in Scarborough again.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Official TN Member

i should have read this review before bringing in my car (2011 Corolla) to be serviced...

How many car lifts does Brimmel Toyota have?
Can they service two or more cars simultaneously?
How long does it take for a standard oil change?

The reason i am asking is because i was booked for an 8:00 am appointment on December 6 and was the third car in line before the shutter doors opened.

After giving my odometer reading and leaving the keys on the car d\oor keyhole, i immediately checked myself in with Vijay. That was a little before 8:00 am. after checking in, i asked how long it would take for my car to be ready. He said about an hour, explaining that the service bay people come in at 8:00 am.

I then proceeded to the waiting area. soon other people came in. I assume that their appointment were after me, but to my surprise, some of then were called ahead of me advising that their car was ready.

How did that happen?

An hour had passed and no one came to me to advise me of any delay. Since it was nearing the two hour mark, i decided to proceed to the check-in area and was told by Vijay that they are just washing my car, when clearly i can see it sitting outside. At around 10:00 am (2 hours) after my appointment time, i still did not have the keys to my car.

Once it was handed to me, i paid the bill and no one offered to explain why it took two whole hours for my car to be serviced and ready. Furthermore, no one asked me if i wanted to book my next service appointment. I usually volunteer booking my next appointment, but this time, I just wanted to see if they would offer to book it for me. then they made me do a quick survey. maybe they should read the questions on the survey to make sure they are doing everything being asked on the survey.

When i got into my car, the first thing i noticed was an oil residue on the matte black plastic area between the shifter and the cupholders. Unfortunately, i did not have my camera with me, otherwise i would have taken a picture of it.

I guess your people just don't care enough to clean up after themselves.

Very Disappointing

- greyrolla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Commerce > Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, Vendors, etc. > Toyota Dealers