Where to buy in Toronto -GTA - Page 5 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota Dealers Toyota dealership reviews, comments, and discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 76 Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy9503 View Post
stay away from heffner toyota in kitchener
they rush your vehicle through and are not thorough at all and they paint over rust any mechanical repairs done by them sometimes have to be done
twice ie front end alignment wheel not on centre. also missing fasteners on bumper and wheel wells

my next vehicle will not be a toyota!
You're in the minority.....Heffner gets voted best service in the region every year.....although for a first post yours is a doosy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just to throw my two cents in on this old thread

Dixie Toyota
Yorkdale Toyota (Was Dave Nicholls)
Ken Shaw Lexus Toyota

These are three dealerships that I deal with on a near daily basis and would definitely recommend them

Canadian Representative for Team Hamster
post #63 of 76 Old 02-23-2009, 04:35 PM
New TN User

Dealer Reviews

Hi,
Scarborough Toyota was rated as the highest in customer satisfaction in Central Canada. They also won Canada's best Parts Dept. and Service Dept. award.

It's not all about price when choosing a dealer. You want a dealership that will stand behind their cars. Scarborough gives free carwashes to customers every saturday for the lifetime of the car. Thie express lube station is 29 minutes or free. You get $1000 in discount coupons when you get your car. they have a restaurant upstairs that kicks axx as well.

I have bought from Ken Shaw and Don Valley as well, and I would never go back. The owner of Scarborough Toyota also owns Yonge and Lawrence. They just opened up their new dealership at Eglinton and Leslie. It is awesome. Check it out just for kicks. There is also a Lexus Dealership next door. They Call it Toyota on the Park, or Lexus on the Park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 76 Old 02-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJ View Post
Hi,
Scarborough Toyota was rated as the highest in customer satisfaction in Central Canada. They also won Canada's best Parts Dept. and Service Dept. award.

It's not all about price when choosing a dealer. You want a dealership that will stand behind their cars. Scarborough gives free carwashes to customers every saturday for the lifetime of the car. Thie express lube station is 29 minutes or free. You get $1000 in discount coupons when you get your car. they have a restaurant upstairs that kicks axx as well.
Sounds like Toyota Canada cleaned up their act from 20 years ago. My dad sent in our Cressida for a defective light relay and they tried to scam him by unplugging the wiper motors and saying he needed to replace it(it was working before the car entered), of course it was raining. This was back then there was no law forcing them to ask whether you wanted to keep the "defective" parts.

Right now my car is being serviced by Markville, at least for me the service department actually cares. How often does a dealer take time to take care of a 23 year old car and actually honour the lifetime warranty that came with the car? My dad actually forget it came with a few lifetime warranty items.

1986 MX-73 Cressida 5M-GE 290,000+ kms - SOLD 1986-2013
2004 GD-67 Impreza EJ25 240,000+ kms - SOLD 2011-2014
2014 ZN6 FR-S FA20 17,000+ kms - Daily
post #65 of 76 Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 PM
all my heros are evil

I've been dealing with Hallmark up in O-ville as it's near to me. Granted I've only dealt with the parts dept but they've been great helping me with any questions I have or parts I need to order and always friendly.
post #66 of 76 Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 AM
New TN User

Where to buy in GTA

There is no excuse anymore for bad service at Toyota. They have a customer satisfaction system in Canada that rewards an employee only if his ranking is better than the national average. (which is 89-90% satisfaction). If a customer is surveyed and the satisfaction level falls below 80% it sets off a chain reaction of emails to managers who interview the employee and then resolve the issue. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. At our dealership, when a car of that vintage comes to service there is usually a buzz in the service dept. Sales and service reps pouring over the car and asking the owner questions about how the car performs. It's like a visit from an old friend.
post #67 of 76 Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
DVN body shop on John St. did a terrible job on my mom's corolla. Overspray everywhere, paint cracking, clearcoat chipping, didn't replace a bent suspension arm, didn't replace a broken rear window switch. Greasy dirt marks all over the inside.
Pickering Toyota. the good...Leo Chan...sales guy...great, low key, explains different options and how they affect pricing. There when he says he's going to be there. Accepts APA price. Parts guys...go out of their way to help you out. Now the bad....Sales manager...Blair (?)...high pressure sales...keeps talking until you buy the extra this and that...kept me in his office almost all afternoon to finalize the deal....yap yap yap....just let me buy the friggin truck!
Current problem with Pickering. Went to wax my new 09 HL and found some paint discolouration on the hood, roof, fenders & doors. Some areas look lighter than the rest of the body...very distinct margin. But paint and clearcoat are perfect. Took it to the bodyshop manager at Pickering. He thinks someone threw something on the car that penetrated but didn't damage the clearcoat. Like what I ask him...he doesn't know. I've seen what brake & hydraulic fluid do to paint (bubble & lift), but my paint is perfect. Then he mentions birds...yea right. He says he's not going to consider it as a warranty claim, and with "20 years of experience", he has the final word. Who made him the warranty God?
So I email Toyota Canada. They reply with a form email stating my warranty limits (paint wasn't even mentioned), and how they stand behind their dealer's decisions. Nice to know TC is backing their dealers and not their customers. So I send a second email, telling TC how pissed I am at having to send 2 emails, and how I'm going to write a scathing report on TN, and tell CFTO, CITY, and the Star about the crap support. Then they reply with a case number and say someone will be in touch....still waiting...Why don't they just give me a case # from the first email?
Then I do some web research and I find out about all the problems Toyota is having with its paint, and how the new car protective plastic wrap, called Rapguard, can stain the paint by causing water to get between the clear and the paint...simple solution is to heatgun the water out. I find out there's a service bulletin about the Rapguard stain for almost every vehicle Toyota/Lexus makes. So you'd think the bodyshop guy would know about all these TSBs. After all, isn't that his damn job? Or you think he'd say, "You know what, let me look at the TSBs to see if there's something about it". But no, he just leaves me hanging and tells me I'm SOL and that I should repaint the car. Yea...nice customer service...I'll let you know how it turns out...
post #68 of 76 Old 04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Official TN Member

Angry I know How you Feel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_fire View Post
DVN body shop on John St. did a terrible job on my mom's corolla. Overspray everywhere, paint cracking, clearcoat chipping, didn't replace a bent suspension arm, didn't replace a broken rear window switch. Greasy dirt marks all over the inside.
Pickering Toyota. the good...Leo Chan...sales guy...great, low key, explains different options and how they affect pricing. There when he says he's going to be there. Accepts APA price. Parts guys...go out of their way to help you out. Now the bad....Sales manager...Blair (?)...high pressure sales...keeps talking until you buy the extra this and that...kept me in his office almost all afternoon to finalize the deal....yap yap yap....just let me buy the friggin truck!
Current problem with Pickering. Went to wax my new 09 HL and found some paint discolouration on the hood, roof, fenders & doors. Some areas look lighter than the rest of the body...very distinct margin. But paint and clearcoat are perfect. Took it to the bodyshop manager at Pickering. He thinks someone threw something on the car that penetrated but didn't damage the clearcoat. Like what I ask him...he doesn't know. I've seen what brake & hydraulic fluid do to paint (bubble & lift), but my paint is perfect. Then he mentions birds...yea right. He says he's not going to consider it as a warranty claim, and with "20 years of experience", he has the final word. Who made him the warranty God?
So I email Toyota Canada. They reply with a form email stating my warranty limits (paint wasn't even mentioned), and how they stand behind their dealer's decisions. Nice to know TC is backing their dealers and not their customers. So I send a second email, telling TC how pissed I am at having to send 2 emails, and how I'm going to write a scathing report on TN, and tell CFTO, CITY, and the Star about the crap support. Then they reply with a case number and say someone will be in touch....still waiting...Why don't they just give me a case # from the first email?
Then I do some web research and I find out about all the problems Toyota is having with its paint, and how the new car protective plastic wrap, called Rapguard, can stain the paint by causing water to get between the clear and the paint...simple solution is to heatgun the water out. I find out there's a service bulletin about the Rapguard stain for almost every vehicle Toyota/Lexus makes. So you'd think the bodyshop guy would know about all these TSBs. After all, isn't that his damn job? Or you think he'd say, "You know what, let me look at the TSBs to see if there's something about it". But no, he just leaves me hanging and tells me I'm SOL and that I should repaint the car. Yea...nice customer service...I'll let you know how it turns out...

Interesting you had fun with Pickering, I've been a customer for many many years, only for service. But, when 2003 came along, wanted to get my new Corolla LE, armed with an APA price, I approached our friend (I"m sure he's the worst guy there) Peter K. He said to me when I was negotiating the deal, 'sorry can't match that price, we aren't in the business giving cars away' Hah. so I took my purchase to Ken S. using the APA price. Years later, 2007 going to buy the new Camry XLE, I did have the APA price and decided, lets try Pickering again. I got Mr. b and it was a battle to get him to match the APA price, he wanted a copy of it. (reason I wanted to buy it from Pickering was because it was close - I'm in Scarborough East). Picked it up and great car all in all. Then the problems came, I'll say in short as possible. There was a distinct rattle near the roof. Had the car checked, and re-checked. They found a problem and I kid you not, months later, I get other rattles. that they just couldn't fix. It was at the dealer for at least a month.
It all depends on your dealer, if anyone has a good reliable one in the GTA east, the I sure like to try them.
Scarb., not happy with their quick lube, had my Corolla lubed last year, and I had to buy 4 new clips underneath near the oil pan. The mechanic said they were missing. Yeh right, I was driving all through winter with that oil pan cover flap half dragging. I suspect that the stupid Oil changer broke the clips. Couldn't argue that, no proof....so I've had fun and my fair share with these incompetent Toyota dealerships.

07 Camry V6 XLE (Family Cruiser)
03 Corolla LE (Daily Run-About)
85 Celica GT-S (Summer Fun Car)
http://sleekaman.webs.com/

Last edited by sleekaman; 06-15-2014 at 10:10 AM.
post #69 of 76 Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Official TN Member

Sleeka, I have a guy on Kingston Road who's good with mechanical. His name is Shinji, and he came over to Canada with Toyota. His shop is called JC Auto, and it's on the south side, just west of Galloway. He manages the shop and has guys working for him. He's not that cheap, but he's very honest, and will tell you what you need now, and what can wait, or he'll do what you want him to do. He always shows you the parts he's replaced, and he's got an emission tester in the last bay. He's also a CAA approved garage. I took my old Integra to him and it lasted 450,000km on the original clutch, until some university kid rear ended it (while it was parked) and totalled it....
post #70 of 76 Old 04-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Official TN Member

Canada Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_fire View Post
Sleeka, I have a guy on Kingston Road who's good with mechanical. His name is Shinji, and he came over to Canada with Toyota. His shop is called JC Auto, and it's on the south side, just west of Galloway. He manages the shop and has guys working for him. He's not that cheap, but he's very honest, and will tell you what you need now, and what can wait, or he'll do what you want him to do. He always shows you the parts he's replaced, and he's got an emission tester in the last bay. He's also a CAA approved garage. I took my old Integra to him and it lasted 450,000km on the original clutch, until some university kid rear ended it (while it was parked) and totalled it....
thanks for the info, but I've found someone very good for me too, around the Kingston Rd area. Majestic Muffler, had 2 things done, and was completely, I mean completely satisfied.
My muffler was making a very loud sound, brought it to Pickering Toy, and they said I needed a new muffler (lol). I brought it to Majestic and they found it to be a gasket, $40 later, I'm out the door. Had my rear differential gasket replaced by Majestic and they did it without any issues. So I'm sticking with Majestic for now for my Celica service.

07 Camry V6 XLE (Family Cruiser)
03 Corolla LE (Daily Run-About)
85 Celica GT-S (Summer Fun Car)
http://sleekaman.webs.com/

Last edited by sleekaman; 06-15-2014 at 10:11 AM.
post #71 of 76 Old 05-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Official TN Member

update...Toyota Canada emails me and asks me to leave my car at Pickering Toyota for the day on May 5. Now why would I leave my car at the same dealer that treated me like crap, blew me off, wouldn't accept my problem as a warranty claim, and started this entire hassle?!
So I email back to Toyota Canada, TWICE, stating that I won't go back to Pickering Toyota, and to have the District Rep meet me at Whitby Toyota. Of course by now it's over 2 weeks gone by. Nice quick response (not)! What would have happened if this was an engine or driveline issue. Would Toyota Canada leave me without a vehicle for over 2 weeks (yea, they probably would, the f***ers).
Then late last week, some Toyota Canada customer service rep. without a brain calls me, and asks if I'm going to leave my HL at Pickering Toyota for the day on May 5? Do these a**h**es not read emails? So I tell the moron that I've already sent 2 emails stating that Pickering Toyota treated me like s**t, and no, I'm not going to leave my car there. So from the other end of the line I get silence, and then a lot of ummm, ahhh, ummm, etc. For f**k sakes! Use your brain and think of a plan B!!
Then she says okay, and asks me why I don't want to go to Pickering Toyota? I've emailed twice, and just a couple minutes earlier told her that PT blew me off and treated me like crap. It's no f**king wonder the wheels turn slow at TC...man, what a rant...too much Lewis Black lately...
post #72 of 76 Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 AM
New TN User

When dealing with Pickering Toyota, I found that they put a lot of pressure on you to purchase extras - like window tinting, rustproofing, paint sealant, etc. etc. I also happen to know that they contract out many of these extras for a fraction of the cost that they charge you. So buy the car without the "extras" and get these done yourself at a much lower price. Also, things like fabric protection and paint sealant you can do yourself for a few dollars instead of spending hundreds of dollars at the dealer.
post #73 of 76 Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Slt

Don't even step into Scarborough Lexus Toyota
post #74 of 76 Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Siennaclub.org refugee

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Using unhaggle.com bought from Northwest Toyota

there's a new invoice pricing service available to Canadians,
unhaggle.com

got pricing on a venza from them, and was then emailed by
Jonathan Dollinger
Director, Corporate Accounts

Policaro Auto Group
2280 Queen Street East
Brampton, ON L6S 5X9
Tel: (905)494-1000

Cell: (905)715-2345

to see if we were interested.

He was very accomodating- offered a very good price, set up a test drive, even tweaked the price a bit to make sure we bought.

Overall a very positive experience.

As an aside, had some contact with Mississauga Toyota, dealing directly with the sales manager Michael Carter. Was also offering good pricing, but we'd spent more time with Jonathan.

So, my suggestion? get a quote from unhaggle.com or carcost canada, then deal directly with a sales manager.... Jonathan or Mike come highly recommended.

At the very least, get a quote and work with a sales manager, no matter what dealership you want to work with. PHONE FIRST.... so that you talk to the manager, not a salesman who then gets 'dibs' on the sale.

Drahcir
2014 Honda Pilot
2011 Venza V6 AWD RIP
2005 Sienna AWD CE RIP
2003 Honda S2000

Last edited by drahcir; 01-11-2012 at 01:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to drahcir For This Useful Post:
maganderson (05-27-2014)
post #75 of 76 Old 05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Official TN Member

Hey Drahcir I was just wondering how useful Unhaggle was when you used it? I'm currently looking into purchasing a 2014 Camry Hybrid or the Venza and I'm not yet necessarily convinced to use their services. Do you have to pay to get a quote?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Commerce > Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, Vendors, etc. > Toyota Dealers