Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
alt.autos.toyota.camry Toyota Camry discussion newsgroup.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
S. Petkovic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires

Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto All-Season
205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for wheel
alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of spending
extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for recommendation on
inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation, or go
up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a bit
higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread life
or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V rated
rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
advance, -Sveta


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Mark A
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires

"S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
> Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto All-Season
> 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for wheel
> alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of
> spending
> extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for recommendation
> on
> inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation, or
> go
> up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a bit
> higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread
> life
> or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V
> rated
> rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
> advance, -Sveta[/color]

I would go 2-4 PSI higher that specified by the Camry User manual. Most
auto-service places (including some dealers) set the pressure way too high.
I use about 33 PSI when the tires are already warm (which is about 30-31
cold tire pressure) for my 98 XLE V6 using Michelin Pilot 92H tires. The
above cold tire pressure numbers assume that the ambient temp is about 70
degrees.


 
post #3 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires

You should use the same pressure for nitrogen as compressed air. If you
bought the tires at Costco, they'll pump them up with nitrogen for free
as they've gone nitrogen in just about all their facilities, if not all
already.


S. Petkovic wrote:[color=blue]
> Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto All-Season
> 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for wheel
> alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of spending
> extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for recommendation on
> inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation, or go
> up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a bit
> higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread life
> or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V rated
> rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
> advance, -Sveta[/color]

 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Stubby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires

Why does anyone want to use pure nitrogen in his tires? I use 80% N2
and 20% O2 and it works fine.


S. Petkovic wrote:[color=blue]
> Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto All-Season
> 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for wheel
> alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of spending
> extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for recommendation on
> inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation, or go
> up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a bit
> higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread life
> or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V rated
> rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
> advance, -Sveta
>
>[/color]
 
post #5 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Don Fearn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires

I think it was Stubby <[email protected]> who
stated:
[color=blue]
>Why does anyone want to use pure nitrogen in his tires? I use 80% N2
>and 20% O2 and it works fine.[/color]

But that's not really the best idea either.

Me? I like to have some other gasses too; I prefer this mixture in my
tires:

Nitrogen N2 78.084 %
Oxygen O2 20.9476 %
Argon Ar 0.934 %
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.0314 %
Neon Ne 0.001818 %
Helium He 0.000524 %
Methane CH4 0.0002 %
Krypton Kr 0.000114 %
Hydrogen H2 0.00005 %
Xenon Xe 0.0000087 %

That's the brew *I* use!

-Don
--
Pooder approved this post . . . .
 
post #6 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 PM
S. Petkovic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


"Mark A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
> "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> I would go 2-4 PSI higher that specified by the Camry User manual. Most
> auto-service places (including some dealers) set the pressure way too[/color]
high.[color=blue]
> I use about 33 PSI when the tires are already warm (which is about 30-31
> cold tire pressure) for my 98 XLE V6 using Michelin Pilot 92H tires. The
> above cold tire pressure numbers assume that the ambient temp is about 70
> degrees.
>[/color]

Thanks,
What you're saying makes sense, I will do the same.


 
post #7 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 07:27 PM
TN Post Wh*re
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Posts: 6,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The link below has a pretty good discussion of the subject of nitrogen in tires:

[url]http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=120996&page=1[/url]
toyomoho is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
S. Petkovic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
> You should use the same pressure for nitrogen as compressed air. If you
> bought the tires at Costco, they'll pump them up with nitrogen for free
> as they've gone nitrogen in just about all their facilities, if not all
> already.[/color]

Bought and installed tires at Just Tires. Then refilled w nitrogen and
aligned wheels at
Toyota dealership.


 
post #9 of 16 Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 AM
JerseyMike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


"S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
> Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto All-Season
> 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for wheel
> alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of[/color]
spending[color=blue]
> extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for recommendation[/color]
on[color=blue]
> inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation, or[/color]
go[color=blue]
> up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a bit
> higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread[/color]
life[color=blue]
> or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V[/color]
rated[color=blue]
> rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
> advance, -Sveta
>
>[/color]

what do you do when you need the tires lose pressure? can you mix air and
nitro? if so what are the benefits of having nitro? eventually all tires
need added pressure so do you go to someone who uses nitro or can you get a
tank ful and keep it in your garage?

mike............


 
post #10 of 16 Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
S. Petkovic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


"JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
>
> "S. Petkovic" <svet[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected][color=green]
> > Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto All-Season
> > 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for wheel
> > alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of[/color]
> spending[color=green]
> > extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for[/color][/color]
recommendation[color=blue]
> on[color=green]
> > inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation,[/color][/color]
or[color=blue]
> go[color=green]
> > up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a bit
> > higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread[/color]
> life[color=green]
> > or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> > left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V[/color]
> rated[color=green]
> > rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
> > advance, -Sveta
> >
> >[/color]
>
> what do you do when you need the tires lose pressure? can you mix air and
> nitro? if so what are the benefits of having nitro? eventually all tires
> need added pressure so do you go to someone who uses nitro or can you get[/color]
a[color=blue]
> tank ful and keep it in your garage?
>
> mike............
>
>[/color]
I will ask shop to check/add nitro when I have my oil/filter change.
Otherwise, adding coulple of lbs/sq"
regular compressed air would be rather small procentage of total volume so
it would not change
things too much. It would be nice if they started marketing compressed nitro
in cans like those of tire
repair/inflator so one can keep it ready in trunk.
-sveta


 
post #11 of 16 Old 10-11-2006, 07:00 AM
JerseyMike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


"S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
>
> "JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected][color=green]
> >
> > "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected][color=darkred]
> > > Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto[/color][/color][/color]
All-Season[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> > > 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for[/color][/color][/color]
wheel[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> > > alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of[/color]
> > spending[color=darkred]
> > > extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for[/color][/color]
> recommendation[color=green]
> > on[color=darkred]
> > > inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory recommendation,[/color][/color]
> or[color=green]
> > go[color=darkred]
> > > up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a[/color][/color][/color]
bit[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> > > higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize thread[/color]
> > life[color=darkred]
> > > or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> > > left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V[/color]
> > rated[color=darkred]
> > > rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks in
> > > advance, -Sveta
> > >
> > >[/color]
> >
> > what do you do when you need the tires lose pressure? can you mix air[/color][/color]
and[color=blue][color=green]
> > nitro? if so what are the benefits of having nitro? eventually all[/color][/color]
tires[color=blue][color=green]
> > need added pressure so do you go to someone who uses nitro or can you[/color][/color]
get[color=blue]
> a[color=green]
> > tank ful and keep it in your garage?
> >
> > mike............
> >
> >[/color]
> I will ask shop to check/add nitro when I have my oil/filter change.
> Otherwise, adding coulple of lbs/sq"
> regular compressed air would be rather small procentage of total volume so
> it would not change
> things too much. It would be nice if they started marketing compressed[/color]
nitro[color=blue]
> in cans like those of tire
> repair/inflator so one can keep it ready in trunk.
> -sveta
>
>[/color]

it seems like a hassle more than a bonus to me, but here's another silly
question. say you get a flat tire and need to use the spare that is factory
filled w/ air, does it affect the handling or ride of the car?


mike.......


 
post #12 of 16 Old 10-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires

"JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
>
> "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected][color=green]
>>
>> "JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected][color=darkred]
>> >
>> > "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]
>> > > Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto[/color][/color]
> All-Season[color=green][color=darkred]
>> > > 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for[/color][/color]
> wheel[color=green][color=darkred]
>> > > alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of
>> > spending
>> > > extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for[/color]
>> recommendation[color=darkred]
>> > on
>> > > inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory
>> > > recommendation,[/color]
>> or[color=darkred]
>> > go
>> > > up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a[/color][/color]
> bit[color=green][color=darkred]
>> > > higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize
>> > > thread
>> > life
>> > > or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
>> > > left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with V
>> > rated
>> > > rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks
>> > > in
>> > > advance, -Sveta
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> > what do you do when you need the tires lose pressure? can you mix air[/color][/color]
> and[color=green][color=darkred]
>> > nitro? if so what are the benefits of having nitro? eventually all[/color][/color]
> tires[color=green][color=darkred]
>> > need added pressure so do you go to someone who uses nitro or can you[/color][/color]
> get[color=green]
>> a[color=darkred]
>> > tank ful and keep it in your garage?
>> >
>> > mike............
>> >
>> >[/color]
>> I will ask shop to check/add nitro when I have my oil/filter change.
>> Otherwise, adding coulple of lbs/sq"
>> regular compressed air would be rather small procentage of total volume
>> so
>> it would not change
>> things too much. It would be nice if they started marketing compressed[/color]
> nitro[color=green]
>> in cans like those of tire
>> repair/inflator so one can keep it ready in trunk.
>> -sveta
>>
>>[/color]
>
> it seems like a hassle more than a bonus to me, but here's another silly
> question. say you get a flat tire and need to use the spare that is
> factory
> filled w/ air, does it affect the handling or ride of the car?
>
>
> mike.......[/color]

And yet another silly question- Do they evacuate all the air out of the
tire after mounting it, then add nitrogen?? I'm not even sure it would even
be possible without unseating the bead. I guess you could put the whole
wheel and tire assembly into a vacuum chamber....

Paul


 
post #13 of 16 Old 10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
S. Petkovic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


"JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
>
> "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected][color=green]
> >
> > "JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected][color=darkred]
> > >
> > > "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > > > Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto[/color][/color]
> All-Season[color=green][color=darkred]
> > > > 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for[/color][/color]
> wheel[color=green][color=darkred]
> > > > alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of
> > > spending
> > > > extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for[/color]
> > recommendation[color=darkred]
> > > on
> > > > inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory[/color][/color][/color]
recommendation,[color=blue][color=green]
> > or[color=darkred]
> > > go
> > > > up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure a[/color][/color]
> bit[color=green][color=darkred]
> > > > higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize[/color][/color][/color]
thread[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> > > life
> > > > or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction for
> > > > left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with[/color][/color][/color]
V[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> > > rated
> > > > rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks[/color][/color][/color]
in[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> > > > advance, -Sveta
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > what do you do when you need the tires lose pressure? can you mix air[/color][/color]
> and[color=green][color=darkred]
> > > nitro? if so what are the benefits of having nitro? eventually all[/color][/color]
> tires[color=green][color=darkred]
> > > need added pressure so do you go to someone who uses nitro or can you[/color][/color]
> get[color=green]
> > a[color=darkred]
> > > tank ful and keep it in your garage?
> > >
> > > mike............
> > >
> > >[/color]
> > I will ask shop to check/add nitro when I have my oil/filter change.
> > Otherwise, adding coulple of lbs/sq"
> > regular compressed air would be rather small procentage of total volume[/color][/color]
so[color=blue][color=green]
> > it would not change
> > things too much. It would be nice if they started marketing compressed[/color]
> nitro[color=green]
> > in cans like those of tire
> > repair/inflator so one can keep it ready in trunk.
> > -sveta
> >
> >[/color]
>
> it seems like a hassle more than a bonus to me, but here's another silly
> question. say you get a flat tire and need to use the spare that is[/color]
factory[color=blue]
> filled w/ air, does it affect the handling or ride of the car?
>
>
> mike.......
>
>[/color]
Well, my guess is that at highway speed, spare tire filled with regular air
would increase in pressure a bit more than tire
with nitrogen.. I doubt that a 'regular driver' like you and I would notice
any difference in
handling or performance. But then what do you think about spares that are
not even full size? What kind
of difference in handling would that combo produce, probably more than
difference in pressure alone.
There is a good reason why auto manufacturers recommend use in emergency
only and at
maximum 50mph when using 'tiny' spare tires. Even full size spare tire of
different make (michelin vs pirelli)
or type (touring vs high performance all season) would behave differently
than other 3 tires regsadless
if there were filled with air or nitro. Yes, filling with nitro is a bit
extra hassle, but I am willing to
spend a little more money and effort for a small increments in safety.
Example, we can all handle a tire blowout
at 50-60mph on straight, dry road. How about a tire blowout at triple digit
mph speeds. I don't feel too confortable
in that scenario. That is why I never buy tires just because they're on
sale, always pick higher perf. If brakes unexpectedly fail, I still have
good steering and good tires. In worst case, I'll steer myself off the road
and maybe have chance to pick which tree I will hit (always pick smaller
tree - trust me on this).

I am not preaching using nitro or anything else. I posted my question about
tire pressure to get second opinion.
My, now advanced age, makes me think that I am definitevly not the smartest
one on the road. I used to
pressurize exactly by book, now I will add a bit more on top on
manufacturer's spec.

Have fun,
Sveta


 
post #14 of 16 Old 10-11-2006, 10:05 PM
S. Petkovic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Inflation pressure for new NITROGEN filled tires


"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected][color=blue]
> "JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected][color=green]
> >
> > "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected][color=darkred]
> >>
> >> "JerseyMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >> >
> >> > "S. Petkovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> > news:[email protected]
> >> > > Hello to all. Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto[/color]
> > All-Season[color=darkred]
> >> > > 205/65 H15 for 98 Camry XLE V6. Next day I went to Toyo dealer for[/color]
> > wheel[color=darkred]
> >> > > alignment and filling of tires with nitrogen. As for the wisdom of
> >> > spending
> >> > > extra money on nitrogen, time will tell. I like to ask for
> >> recommendation
> >> > on
> >> > > inflation pressure. Should I stick with Toyota factory
> >> > > recommendation,
> >> or
> >> > go
> >> > > up few notches. Telling by rougher ride, the shop set the pressure[/color][/color][/color]
a[color=blue][color=green]
> > bit[color=darkred]
> >> > > higher, as they usually do. I am not too concerned to maximize
> >> > > thread
> >> > life
> >> > > or extract best mileage from the car, I just like good traction[/color][/color][/color]
for[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> >> > > left-lane spirited driving at interstate speeds. I almost went with[/color][/color][/color]
V[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
> >> > rated
> >> > > rubber but was afraid those may be too noisy for long trips. Thanks
> >> > > in
> >> > > advance, -Sveta
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> > what do you do when you need the tires lose pressure? can you mix[/color][/color][/color]
air[color=blue][color=green]
> > and[color=darkred]
> >> > nitro? if so what are the benefits of having nitro? eventually all[/color]
> > tires[color=darkred]
> >> > need added pressure so do you go to someone who uses nitro or can you[/color]
> > get[color=darkred]
> >> a
> >> > tank ful and keep it in your garage?
> >> >
> >> > mike............
> >> >
> >> >
> >> I will ask shop to check/add nitro when I have my oil/filter change.
> >> Otherwise, adding coulple of lbs/sq"
> >> regular compressed air would be rather small procentage of total volume
> >> so
> >> it would not change
> >> things too much. It would be nice if they started marketing compressed[/color]
> > nitro[color=darkred]
> >> in cans like those of tire
> >> repair/inflator so one can keep it ready in trunk.
> >> -sveta
> >>
> >>[/color]
> >
> > it seems like a hassle more than a bonus to me, but here's another silly
> > question. say you get a flat tire and need to use the spare that is
> > factory
> > filled w/ air, does it affect the handling or ride of the car?
> >
> >
> > mike.......[/color]
>
> And yet another silly question- Do they evacuate all the air out of the
> tire after mounting it, then add nitrogen?? I'm not even sure it would[/color]
even[color=blue]
> be possible without unseating the bead. I guess you could put the whole
> wheel and tire assembly into a vacuum chamber....
>
> Paul
>
>[/color]
As I understand, they fill nitro once without tire valve core present.
Then, release all air/nitro out, screw in the core, fill nitro second time
and that's it. The result is not 100% nitro, but close to it.

Sveta


 
post #15 of 16 Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Kurt Krueger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
NITROGEN filled tires

Think about this a little bit. Air is about 70% nitrogen. If nitrogen leaks
less than oxygen (20% of air), the tire will concentrate nitrogen as it
leaks down. Top it up a few times and you'll naturally end up with a very high
nitrogen concentration.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota USENET Discussion Groups > alt.autos.toyota > alt.autos.toyota.camry

Bookmarks

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is Off
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome