Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Over 400 Camry's SOLD
    89 Camry 4cyl 630k
    131 Posts
    Sorry to bother you but
    Ebay shows that a Federal Emmision
    1996 V6Camry Engine will fit a 98 V6 needing a motor.
    Would you agree?
    and or
    what would I need to swap from old

Thank You

Happy New Year

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Hi,
    I've been having no spark no fuel issues in my 86 celica gts. I followed some of the things you told another guy back in 2012 and the thread just ends. There was a question of whether or not the check engine light was on. Mine is not. I've transferred most relays and a lot of fuses and the ecu from a parts car that runs. Sometimes I smell gas after pulling and replacing the ecu fuse under the hood. I'm at a loss.

· Super Moderator
    2004 Corolla 437K+ miles
    6,401 Posts
    Hi Doctor J,

I just saw your post with the photos of the leaking radiator hose. My computer at work blocks photos that are from photo websites (like photobucket or shutterfly, etc), but I notice that from time to time some posts have photos that come through on my work computer. I'd like to know how did you post your photos? I'd like to know an easier way, since going to photobucket is a pain and if you have a simpler way, I'd like to do that as well. Let me know. Thanks.

· Over 400 Camry's SOLD
    89 Camry 4cyl 630k
    131 Posts
    Hey Dr. J...
    I got a bad shift solenoid 1-4
    The furthest rear on Valve Body #oem 19138842
    on a 95 Camry V6 Auto Trans 225k miles

Did the Click test and they all passed except this one. Can't just unbolt and slide out solenoid cause it hits the housing.
    I proceeded to drop the Valve Body bolts except the shortest to hold top plate on.
    Valve body is real loose but still won't drop enough to slide out solenoid
    Dont wanta force anything and yes I made a bolt map for reinstall
    Seems like it is just hanging there with no bolts ???
    Did I forget something or is there more to unbolt?
    Thank You

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Hi, you posted some good info about a 99 corolla with a bad drl module years back... I have an 01 corolla and I was trying to convert it to normal on/off via light switch and bypass the drl's. But my harness is different and the pinout does not match the 99 its off by a few colors and pins. I tried it anyways but doesn't work 100%. Please lmk if u can help! Thank you.

· Registered
    91 Camry
    62 Posts
    Doctor J:

Thefranks5 here. Was wondering if you have any knowledge about replacing a clutch on a gen 2 camry -- 4 cylinder. You've been a wealth of knowledge in the past, so wanted to check in before I tackled this.

I'm not a professional mechanic. But, you've helped guide me through two timing belts on my 90 and 91 camrys. Motor mounts, etc.

I'm looking at some instructions... It looks pretty daunting. How tough would you say this is ... scale of 1-10. And to put it in comparison, where on that scale would you rate a timing belt.

Thanks in advance for your time and insights.

Someone suggested it could be done from the topside ... but that seems pretty tight.

fyi... I just got done replacing the master and slave cylinders about 2 months ago...

thanks again.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…