What's this? Toyota TRD Pro Looks and Sounds Like a Raptor Fighter - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 01-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Vivir el momento

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,532 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoia08 View Post
Need something more creative than "TRD Pro"...IMO
TRD Bro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
TRD is just the follow the crowd sort of acronym that all the other companies are doing, likely because some focus group told them that people identify with it. So TRD, SRT, M, S, SVT, and so on. If Toyota really wanted to be unique (which they don't) what they would do is just call it "Off Road". So for instance a special edition Tundra that had a beefed up suspension, big meaty off road tires and wheels and super strong diffs would just be referred to as the "Off Road" package instead or TRD Pro or some silly shit like that. Tundra "Off Road" edition.

When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 AM
Toyota Fanatic

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Thanked 4,401 Times in 3,141 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
TRD is just the follow the crowd sort of acronym that all the other companies are doing, likely because some focus group told them that people identify with it. So TRD, SRT, M, S, SVT, and so on. If Toyota really wanted to be unique (which they don't) what they would do is just call it "Off Road". So for instance a special edition Tundra that had a beefed up suspension, big meaty off road tires and wheels and super strong diffs would just be referred to as the "Off Road" package instead or TRD Pro or some silly shit like that. Tundra "Off Road" edition.
They already have that. Tundra and Tacoma TRD Off Road editions normally feature items like Bilstein suspension, BFG tires, and locking differentials not found on non off road models.

My Toyota List:

1982 Corolla SR-5 1JZGTE M/T
1988 Cressida 5MGE A/T (1JZ Swap Coming)
2005 Corolla CE 1ZZFE M/T
2005 Sequoia Limited 2UZFE A/T

If I helped out in any way please hit the Thanks button under my post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 Old 01-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtopte72 View Post
They already have that.
LOL! Someone is not paying attention.
post #20 of 20 Old 02-02-2014, 02:11 PM
It's Official

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Thanked 1,071 Times in 880 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Can't wait to see the Tundra at the debut. I'm wondering if its just going to be a Rock Warrior TRD package for the new body Tundra. The Rock Warrior package brought fake beadlock TRD rims, all emblems gone except the front T and 5.7l V8 side badge, stickers that say "Rock Warriod TRD Toyota Racing Development" and then chrome delete via color matched front bumper, color matched grille surround, and black rear bumper.

For the new TRD Pro Tundra, I would be happy with some debadging, maybe some new cool looking TRD rims, and chrome delete via same color matching front bumper, grille surround, and black rear bumper. I like how TOYOTA is written out on the grille. I'd probably buy it in a year or two. IMO the new body Tundra has wayyyy to much chrome. Unless you get the Limited.

Hopefully its priced similar to the way the Rock Warrior's were priced, which was extremely reasonably priced. So with the TRD package already having Bilsteins and such, the Rock Warrior package was basically an appearance package. I'm OK if thats all the TRD Pro is for the new Tundra.

But it would be even better if they actually put new coilovers in it with external reservoirs, power boost (won't happen), etc. to compete with the Raptor, but I don't see it happening.

Can't wait for the debut.

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust

Last edited by GreatAvalon; 02-02-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Toyota TRD Pro