Alright..... My 1995 Tercel simply wont start. I've tried....many.... M A N Y things already and I seriously don't know what else to try anymore. I'm a poor college studdent lol & I simply cant continue to throw parts at it without getting it fixed one and for all. I would really appreciate if you have any suggestions for this.
Here is the List and order of things ive done to it:
1st of all, it was running. It had a bad leak caused by the oil pump & a mechanic friend of mine took care of it. It was properly taken out, he cleand it entirely, installed new seals and applied sealed it with silicone. NOTE : the crankshaft pulley gear was so hard to remove we had to thread it to pull it out and obviously install a new one in the process.
He timed it properly, we turned it on and thank God... no leaks anymore. The engine ran smoothly and all BUT it randomly misfired so we started checking what was the cause and started with spartk plug wires. The second he touched the cylinder 1 cable it ran smoothly but after a few seconds, with the vibration it the cylinder one went back to sleep so it misfired randomly from cylinder one. The same day I did the oil & filter change because I was waiting for the leak to be fixed otherwise an oil change wasnt going to be worth it.
It was surely the cable so I went hey, its ok I'll just get some new ones from rockauto (NGK wires) and done. I got the wires & replaced them and boy o boy..... the
started. It simply didnt want to turn on anymore
so.... I started diagnosing it myself here is the list of what i've done in order to date.
1. Checked my spark plugs spark (they are denso Iridium) and they all look fine.
2. A friend suggested checking coil packs with a multimeter and mine were off from spec (they were the original denso ones) and one of them simply didnt read resistance in the secondary resistance test so I thought that was it, coil packs. ( I bought new NGK coils from RA). Got them, installed them and.... nothing its exactly the same as before.
3. At this point i've tried cranking many times so my almost 4 y/o battery went full dead so I got a new interstate battery. Tried cranking and nothing.
4. I have one of those bluetooth OBDII scanners so I checked for codes and there are 0 codes....0.
5. Every sensor seems to be reading and funtioning properly in this car: throttel, air intake temp, O2, coolant temp, crankshaft position (I get about 140-190 rpm when cranking), MAP (reads a constant 1.0 atm and goes down to 0.8-0.9 when cranking).
6. Tried a MAP sensor from a 1992 tercel since has the same connector and its basically the same thing regardless of the difference in shape. Nope, it wasnt that.
7. My mechanic friend came back to check timing once again to see if it magically jumped a tooth and it was perfect. He inspected all grounds, spark from 1-4 cylinders, fuel from pump, fuses and voltage of pretty much everything that should be related to this and it all looked functional and within spec. We blasted the throttle intake with starting fluid and it didnt work. unplugged fuel pump, and injectors and no difference.
8. I replaced both main relays (100A and the secondary 30A one), same story.
I believe I've tried most things at this point withing my car knowledge. it cant possibly be compression related (I think) because the car ran good prior to all of this. I have fuel, spark, my engine turns & I have cranking power.. WHAT IN THE WORLD could be possibly be keeping it from turning on!?
I will apreciated any recommendation/suggestion you may have. Here are pics of my engine, this is what it looks like atm.