remote start / alarm / headlights 12v Q's - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
T-100 Forum Discussion forum for the short-lived but extremely popular Toyota T-100 model.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By cmichael

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2019, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
remote start / alarm / headlights 12v Q's

1.) Anyone know the correct location in which to tap for Hood Pin Switch or Tach Input for remote start? Clifford 4105x.

I see no hood pin. Most manuals call for the tach tap to be on the distributor???

2.) Anyone successfully protect an enclosed bed with a microwave, dual zone, or other alarm sensor?

3.) Lastly, I like my headlights to burn with the engine. Any one know if toyota made a headlight x slave shed relay? I cannot remember if my tacomas headlights turned off with the ignition or not...? Essentially I would like to leave my headlight stalk turned to "on" at all times, but want the headights off with the engine off, and when starting.

PreHistoricTundra likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-12-2019, 02:13 AM
T100 Road Warrior...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Thanked 3,686 Times in 2,916 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
Wink

Unless yer T-100 came with a security system, you probably won't find a hood pin. This means you will need to simply install one.

My 1998 T-100 came with alarm system that was installed at the port. The hood pin is installed on a bracket so the height can be adjusted.

Since our tailgate doesn't have any OEM locking capability, you would either have to find a way of securing it or add in a ground pin and tie it into the hood pin setup. Previous thread using search.
https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/6...ate-alarm.html

I guess you could use an active system like a microwave, infrared system. I'm not a fan of those because of the battery drain over time. You could install numerous high decibel high frequency horns so if they did ever git in there, they could easily git some hearing damage as a bonus. Like these!
https://www.allelectronics.com/item/...o-siren/1.html

...and a sensor module if yer looking to build yer own motion detection system.
https://www.allelectronics.com/item/...-sensor/1.html

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yeah there are no hood pins. Can I see yours?

Still looking for solutions on bed protection. I plan to probably tie in a microwave prox sensor to my existing clifford. I would think the battery drain is negligible over having any alarm installed. I have used PIR sensors in motion lights for my van before, I plan to use one to activate lights in my bed in the T.

Cool electronics site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 07:57 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Thanked 3,686 Times in 2,916 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
Wink

You can see where the bracket was bolted to the hard vacuum tube on the firewall by the brake booster. I added a short piece of rubber hose on top of the pin so it won't wear too much into the hood bracket.

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > T-100 Forum