I hate some people - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2015) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Mountaineer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
I hate some people

why are people so inconsiderate of other peoples vehicles. went to the pool today when i got out and went to leave i noticed a nice big dent in my passenger door, luckily the paint is not scratched so maybe they can fix it somehow. anybody know the best method for getting a dent fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Official TN Member

The best type of dent repairs are by professionals that massage the dent out with various tools from the inside of the sheetmetal...there are usually some very minor scratches to the paint from the process, but the dent is usually fully taken out. The scratches can be remedied with a good polish after. It's a type of paintles dent repair.

Last edited by BSP_Tacoma; 07-03-2006 at 10:59 PM.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
i can relate.... and would prefer pushing out the dent with the offenders nose......

actually i think there's something called "paintless dent removal" they use some kind of resin type glue. stick it to it and pull the dent out. after, they use some solvent to remove the glue.....

'05 prerunner access trd sprt pkg1 w/tow & trd catback

Last edited by yrffej; 07-03-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Banned

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
This is quite possibly my biggest "pet peave" if you will. It has and still will flat out ruin my week. Just senseless. I was eating at a fast food joint and watched a lady dent my current truck in the driver door. It never even registered in her mind that she had done anything wrong. She didn't even pause or turn to look when it happened, and when I ran out to talk to her, it took her a moment to realize what I was upset about. I got her name and number, took the truck to a PDR shop, sent her the bill and she paid it. However...

I am also guilty (when I was a little younger) of planting my foot several times into the door of an F-150 that door-dinged my CL. I mean, I was pretty upset when I first saw it (I always check my doors when I return to the vehicle for this very thing). Even more so b/c I parked in BFE just to get a safe spot. But after I got in the car and looked over at the door of that truck and saw white paint on it i just flipped the fu(k out. Bad day I guess cause I'm not a violent person. But damn. That may have been the most anger I have ever felt.

BTW-Jennifer Aniston is on Dave Letterman right now showing leg up to her ass.
post #5 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Mountaineer

(Thread Starter)
yeah i parked out in bfe as well, the person must have went out of their way to park beside of me. and i hear ya bill i would not mind putting my foot into that persons door panel to see how they like it. Next time i go i will check half-way through the day to see who is parked beside of me and if there are any dents in my door
post #6 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 11:08 PM
My name is Blake

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I was in my beater Honda and some lady swung her door open on it. I got out and regulated her. I told her to get the f*ck out before I did something to her. She stormed out like I was a killer but I was just putting her in check. She deserved the fright.

I didn't care for the Honda.

PDR is the way to go. They don't use resin or glue to remove dents. Who ever does that is not a real PDR.

They pop from the inside out.

No one is better than my guy here...

http://homepage.mac.com/dentexpert/PhotoAlbum29.html

Last edited by NorCalTacoma; 07-03-2006 at 11:11 PM.
post #7 of 19 Old 07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Toyota Fanboy

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Some people figure that its not their vehicle thatd getting dented, so who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax2007 View Post
Toyota is not any more "special" than every other company the media has targeted in the past.
'16 Toyota Corolla S Plus 6MT
'00 Toyota Celica GT-S 6MT
post #8 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 04:23 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBrasky
This is quite possibly my biggest "pet peave" if you will. It has and still will flat out ruin my week. Just senseless. I was eating at a fast food joint and watched a lady dent my current truck in the driver door. It never even registered in her mind that she had done anything wrong. She didn't even pause or turn to look when it happened, and when I ran out to talk to her, it took her a moment to realize what I was upset about. I got her name and number, took the truck to a PDR shop, sent her the bill and she paid it. However...

I am also guilty (when I was a little younger) of planting my foot several times into the door of an F-150 that door-dinged my CL. I mean, I was pretty upset when I first saw it (I always check my doors when I return to the vehicle for this very thing). Even more so b/c I parked in BFE just to get a safe spot. But after I got in the car and looked over at the door of that truck and saw white paint on it i just flipped the fu(k out. Bad day I guess cause I'm not a violent person. But damn. That may have been the most anger I have ever felt.

BTW-Jennifer Aniston is on Dave Letterman right now showing leg up to her ass.
I'm with you Bill. I go wayyy out of my way to avoid dings. I know it's probably unhealthy, but it eats me up. I've managed to keep my '03 and '05 Tacomas ding free because of it. I have to admit, I've doled out justice in the form of a mule kick the past. F 'em if they're inconsiderate pricks to begin with. I've never dinged someone else's vehicle with my door.

True story: A few months ago I had to go to Home Depot in the '05. At this particular Depot there's a second parking lot way out of the way and always empty. I parked, did my business, then left quickly. When I approached my truck I was shocked to find a rat of a lifted, in gray prime, shit box F150 parked next to me on the passenger side. This prick parked less than 1 foot away from me and actually rode over the curb and up the burm about 2 feet. It was impossibe for him to get out without creaming my A pillar. But, no dent. Must've left out the passenger side. Still, my blood was boiling. I was happy I didn't have my Nova Pump in the truck. I might have aerated his block for him, and of course, gone to jail. Some people are simply miserable.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 08:11 AM
"Clean" the best mod.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dont get me started!

05 4X4 DC LB TRD Sport(OME 885's, Alcan AAL,silver HL mod, 265/70/17s Firestone destination AT's)
99 Audi A4
post #10 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Official TN Member

DentWizard.
Sometimes I'll park way out the way in an empty section of the parking lot, and come back to find that out of all the empty spaces around, some a-hole parks right next to me, with about 3 inches to spare for me to open my door.
post #11 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
The Thread Killer

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
[quote=TacoNick]DentWizard.
Sometimes I'll park way out the way in an empty section of the parking lot, and come back to find that out of all the empty spaces around, some a-hole parks right next to me, I think it happens to all of us........Park out in the middle of nowhere, no one aroud and the lot empty to come back to find someone parked right next to you. I think they do it just to piss us off!

Friends don't let friends listen to crappy music Sig by Sockmonkey
post #12 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
I feel you guys. I'm the same way. I just thought I was anal about door dings.

Another tip is to make a personal note not to park next to vans, suvs (kids) and older 2-door cars with the super long doors. When I have to, I try to park next to 4-door cars and luxury cars. Most of the time I'm near the back of the lot, though.
post #13 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 10:11 AM
05 Speedwayblue X-runner

Just a little tid bit. when looking for a parking spot and can't find any open space where no one parks, park next to a four door car. Their car doors are shorter than a two door car.

Stock 05 X-Runner
post #14 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
"Clean" the best mod.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
and park on the passenger side.

05 4X4 DC LB TRD Sport(OME 885's, Alcan AAL,silver HL mod, 265/70/17s Firestone destination AT's)
99 Audi A4
post #15 of 19 Old 07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Go Hokies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNick
DentWizard
+1 on DentWizard. The guy did an awesome job on 2 dings we got on our Bimmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj99si
and park on the passenger side.
Agreed. I try to park way out and walk, but if needed will park in a spot on the passenger side to reduce likelihood of a ding.

2006 DC Long Bed 4x4, TRD Sport Pkg 2, Tow Pkg, Limited Slip Diff
Side Airbags, Skid Plate, Dee Zee Tube Steps, JBL 6CD, WeatherTechs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2015)