2015 Tacoma Issue - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2015) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-2019, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
JSQ
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2015 Tacoma Issue

Hi guys! I recently had a critter chew my knock sensor wire on my 2015 Tacoma Prerunner. I bought a new knock sensor wire for $14 online and an intake gasket kit for $24. I read a lot of forums on the process for repairing this so I proceeded. It wasn't as bad as mechanics and dealers let on to justify charging in excess of $1500 for the repair. There were a few fasteners that were pretty difficult to get to and I had to cut the metal band connecting the two cooling pipes that ran between the heads. After that, no problems. So, I'm posting this because when I got it all back together all codes are gone (no check engine light) It will go into overdrive just fine now, but when I'm on the interstate and holding about 80 mph I can feel it jump a little like its missing. Also it will lose some power on slight inclines and drop into passing gear. It never ran like this prior to the repair. I assumed that maybe the intake was sucking air so I went back in and put RTV on the top and bottom of the intake gasket. Still, same issue. I then thought maybe I damaged an injector or one was pretty dirty so I changed all the injectors and seals. Still same issue. I have replaced all the gaskets, no indication of sucking air at high RPMs. Is there something in the ECU that still needs to be cleared even though I show no check engine light????? I'm out of ideas here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 07:23 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Check all the wiring to the sparkplugs. Possibly swap the plugs?
post #3 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 07:31 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you run a code scanner to see if there are any pending codes? Might offer you another place to look.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2015)