another antenna issue - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2015) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
another antenna issue

So this isn't just a Tacoma thing, but that is what I got. An 09 coma! I bought an after market antenna (21") and the screw that you would screw into the antenna and then the whole thing into the truck busted. Snapped clean in half!

I have been looking for days now trying to find somewhere I can buy just this threaded stud. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could get this?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-27-2019, 02:29 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,921 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wink

Welcome to the forums!

I would guess that you would have to figure out the threads first. What parts do you have left? The original antenna should provide you with the threads. I'm not sure which aftermarket antenna you got so it would depend on what threads it has. You could try another aftermarket antenna to see if they have the stud you need from that pack. Walmart used to carry aftermarket antennas. I'm not sure if they still do or not but those antennas used to come with a whole myriad of different studs to adapt to the different car makes. It would be a whole lot easier than trying to source the stud yer looking fer.

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2015)