FS: Toyota Camry OEM 15" Alloy Wheels from Gen4 XLE - $50 (central florida) - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Car Parts for Sale Automotive parts for sale only!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By SnyperOne
  • 1 Post By SnyperOne
  • 1 Post By SnyperOne

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-09-2016, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
unofficial TN member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
4th Generation FS: Toyota Camry OEM 15" Alloy Wheels from Gen4 XLE - $50 (central florida)

phone number: pm me for my cellphone please.
location: central florida, florida, usa. NO SHIPPING, must be local pickup.
payment preference: USD cash only.
NO: no wire transfers, no checks, no paypal, no foreign currency, no IOU, no favors or no trades
price: $50.00 FIRM for all 4 wheels.
description / car / model / year: from 1998 Toyota Camry XLE v6 usa spec, see full description below..
pics:

$50.00 FIRM for all four (1 set) of heavily used OEM Toyota Camry XLE 15" Alloy wheels (from a 1998 gen4). these wheels are pitted, faded, has some curb rash and NEEDS Brand new Tires + valve stems + lug nuts. this set was taken off of my camry when i bought another set of wheels. Please TEXT me, do NOT call my phone.

all 4 wheels have individual pictures on them, check the valve stem and wheel weight placements.

the good:
* wheels come with oem toyota center caps
* wheels are still round (no cracks or bends that i am aware of.. YMMV)

the bad:
* finish is bad
* needs tires (2 of the tires had some type of leak)
* needs lugnuts
* needs valve stems

if you are interested in buying these wheels please read the following:
* i will ONLY accept Unites States of American Dollars, do not ask to pay me in foreign currencies.
* i will not ship, this must be local pickup in southwest orlando
* i will not remove the current tires on the wheels
* i will not part out the center caps nor break up the set of 4 wheels
* i do not accept trades nor credit/gift cards nor paypal
* i will not offer payment or IOU, payment must be in full at time of transaction
* i cannot tell you if this will fit your car. this came off of a gen 4, so it "should" fit gen3 to gen6 camrys but do your homework first.

For Sale: (4) Toyota Camry OEM 15" Alloy wheels $50.00

00 camry le 5s-fe 265k miles
98 camry xle 1mz-fe totaled @ 150k miles

Last edited by O_loung1; 06-09-2016 at 09:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to O_loung1 For This Useful Post:
Blochead21 (06-10-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-04-2016, 04:03 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
FS: Toyota Camry OEM 15" Alloy Wheels from Gen4 XLE - $50 (central florida)

I'm interested in Pompano

Last edited by Blochead21; 08-04-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: No reason to quote entire OP
post #3 of 9 Old 08-04-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
unofficial TN member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
yes, still for sale, let me know which weekend you can drive up to universal studios.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I saw this post from the link you had inserted. If those rims are still in round, you might be interested in what I did with my 20 year old T100 rims. I made a mid-restoration decision to "Black Out" my T100. I've used Plasti Dip to convert bumpers,valance,mirrors, door handles, body molding, and emblems. I had the T100 rim sitting there and I said , What the hell ?. Check out how it turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RIMS BEFORE 01.jpg (997.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg RIMS AFTER 01.jpg (526.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg EMBLEMS 01.jpg (969.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg NEW GEAR 01.jpg (810.9 KB, 13 views)
O_loung1 likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-07-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
unofficial TN member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperOne View Post
I saw this post from the link you had inserted. If those rims are still in round, you might be interested in what I did with my 20 year old T100 rims. I made a mid-restoration decision to "Black Out" my T100. I've used Plasti Dip to convert bumpers,valance,mirrors, door handles, body molding, and emblems. I had the T100 rim sitting there and I said , What the hell ?. Check out how it turned out.
the two of us are probably the only ones here that don't mind black wheels and we will probably get heat for it. i had replaced my 15" oems gen4 with a set of gen6 16" steelies. the oem hubcaps started bothering me for some reason and i dipped them black. looked much better.

i still have the oem gen4s above and even though the surface of them needs work, all 4 still holds air.

post #6 of 9 Old 05-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Official TN Member

I was going to try and sell the tires because they only have a few hundred miles on them, but between what you're asking and how good the rims look now, I think i'm going to hold on to them, and just swap them out one day and see how they look.
O_loung1 likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
The Plasti-dip option looks good! I have steelies and planned on using some HAMMERED texture Rustoleum spray paint (in grey) to see how the steelies look if they go grey (they don't really look good black).

How does the Plasti-Dip work over rust? How does it hold up to winter salt, etc? And, you can peel it off if you ever don't want it?

98 Beige 4 cyl Camry. 346k as of mid-2019. Paid $1000 150k ago. Homemade backseat through trunk sofa-bed.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-03-2019, 05:07 PM
Official TN Member

My rims didn't have any rust on them. They were faded and had substantial peeling. I sanded them down with steel wool. Living down south, I don't have to deal with salt, but I put thick coats on the rims and the PlastiDip holds up very well. The thicker it is the better. You'll see how strong it is when you peel it away, but nit will come off completely I recently blacked out my Tundra, as well. I took the red OEM fender flares off and I did all of the emblems, as well as front and rear bumpers..the rims were chrome, too. I couldn't believe how many remarks I started getting after I did it. Here is a pic,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TUNDRA GONE GOTH 03.jpg (615.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg TUNDRA GONE GOTH 04.jpg (754.4 KB, 10 views)
O_loung1 likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-03-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
unofficial TN member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
My rims didn't have any rust on them. They were faded and had substantial peeling. I sanded them down with steel wool. Living down south, I don't have to deal with salt, but I put thick coats on the rims and the PlastiDip holds up very well. The thicker it is the better. You'll see how strong it is when you peel it away, but nit will come off completely I recently blacked out my Tundra, as well. I took the red OEM fender flares off and I did all of the emblems, as well as front and rear bumpers..the rims were chrome, too. I couldn't believe how many remarks I started getting after I did it. Here is a pic,...
your tundra came out good in the pics, i've actually had my gen4.5 camry grill dipped black because part of the chrome fading and i've dipped my 16" gen5 camry hubcaps when i owned my gen4 camry. with OEM wheels, i was hoping someone would want to refinished or restore them to their original clarity. imo, the 15" wheels are too small to dip black on a camry, they would almost look like steelies and much more than 16" would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean01 View Post
The Plasti-dip option looks good! I have steelies and planned on using some HAMMERED texture Rustoleum spray paint (in grey) to see how the steelies look if they go grey (they don't really look good black).

How does the Plasti-Dip work over rust? How does it hold up to winter salt, etc? And, you can peel it off if you ever don't want it?
i have never dipped over rusted metal before, just plastic grills, emblems, hubcaps and 19" alloys. i'm also in the south so i can't give much feedback on how much the ice and salt would wear away. if anything, on a clean surface it's better to put on more layers than not enough, unless you have a ton of humidity and your dip starts creating texture. once you get texture, you either have to peel and start over or lylol the areas carefully and respray. if you have surface rust, i think you would still want to sand it down to get rid of the oxidation and dry it before applying dip.

dipyourcar.com is a good resource, plenty of kits, a la cart items and instructional videos on YT. their prices are a bit high on their black but they carry a lot of newer finishes and rare colors. you can usually find your black and whites at your local home depot along with flexidip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Commerce > For Sale > Car Parts for sale, trade, & wanted > Car Parts for Sale