Require assistance identifying a hose part number - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
RAV4 2nd Generation (2001-2005) Forum dedicated to the discussion of 2nd generation RAV4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-25-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Require assistance identifying a hose part number

Hi, all! I am new to the forum, and hopefully am not posting something that has already been asked.

My 2005 Rav4 recently died, and upon checking the battery, alternator, and replacing the starter(I've had starter issues before with this model), the vehicle still would not turn over. Upon getting another pair of eyes & hands to help with the problem, a coolant hose was broken(I already have the required part numbers for this one), just a t connector replacement. There is, however, a much thinner hose coming from a dipstick near the starter(far front-right under hood) which goes over the starter, and down into a spot near the starter, which also seems to have broken. I cannot find any information or reliable images(I also have no images, and no way atm to return to my vehicle.) that fits this issue. The hose connects near a small electrical connection directly adjacent to the starter. I will post an image that gives the closest view to what I'm speaking of. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've been crawling forums and manuals for about two hours now and can't find anything. The Red circle is the T connector to be replaced, the blue is the area where the starter is, as well as the hose in question, it is ribbed.

many thanks, and safe travels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (4).png
Views:	10
Size:	695.7 KB
ID:	234536  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-26-2019, 06:16 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,921 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wink

Welcome to the forums!

So you need the part number fer the T connector? Do you know where the hoses from the T connector go to? This will help in finding out what the part number might be. Have you tried with the dealership?

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > RAV4 Forum > RAV4 2nd Generation (2001-2005)