Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which O2 sensor for 2007 Rav4?

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jeneawessman 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. I need to buy an O2 sensor (air-fuel ratio) for our 2007 Rav4. If Denso is the OEM for my car, why is the price for the Denso sensor at RockAuto and Amazon so much cheaper than from a Toyota OEM parts site? Is it the same part and they just charge more because it is branded OEM? Or are the parts different somehow?

I don't want to pay OEM price for the same part I could get at RockAuto. Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
There’s no way to be 100% certain, but yes, the Denso part is the same. Some will argue that the part sold by Toyota is made to a higher standard, but there’s no way to prove that.

Countless members here have used Denso parts with good results. Just be aware there are counterfeits out there on eBay and even Amazon. If it’s significantly cheaper than Rockauto, it’s probably a counterfeit.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forums! :)

Keep in mind that if you have an AFR, do not use an O2 sensor in it's place as they are different animals even though they look the same. The AFR will be at least two to four times more expensive than the O2 sensor but they are not interchangeable. Even though some websites will show that they are interchangeable, I can assure you that they are not. The AFR has a wider range and responds much quicker. ;)

Example on an 2002 RAV4... ;)

#5 ·
Yes, thanks, BamZipPow! I think I am might actually have to replace both the AFR sensor and the O2 sensor (If I get them from RockAuto, I can afford both) because the on-going problem has been that the check engine, the VSC and the 4wd lights have been on for weeks. I have done a ton of research and tried a bunch of "fixes", but none have worked. Recently, I found an entry on a forum (I forget which one I was lurking on when I read it, sorry) that said a lot of times it is actually the AFR sensor that is the problem even though the code says its the O2 sensor. Code is PO138. So I am going to change out the AFR first and see what happens.

Let me know if you have any other solutions for this 3 light problem in case this one doesn't work either. Thanks, again.

#6 ·
Yes, thanks, BamZipPow! I think I am might actually have to replace both the AFR sensor and the O2 sensor (If I get them from RockAuto, I can afford both) because the on-going problem has been that the check engine, the VSC and the 4wd lights have been on for weeks. I have done a ton of research and tried a bunch of "fixes", but none have worked. Recently, I found an entry on a forum (I forget which one I was lurking on when I read it, sorry) that said a lot of times it is actually the AFR sensor that is the problem even though the code says its the O2 sensor. Code is PO138. So I am going to change out the AFR first and see what happens. Let me know if you have any other solutions for this 3 light problem in case this one doesn't work either. Thanks, again.
Any luck? Same issue with my 2007 Rav4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.