2006 Tundra Headlight Replacement Help. Looking for HID - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
2006 Toyota Tundra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2006 Tundra Headlight Replacement Help. Looking for HID

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was told about it by a friend on here. I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 and I'm wanting to replace the headlights with a HID setup. I haven't been able to find anything for my model Tundra. Does anyone out there know of a website for aftermarket headlights for my truck besides factory OEM? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have a 2003 SR5, 4.7 Access Cab. I also wanted to replace the Sylvania Ultra H4 bulbs with a HID system. I bought mine on line from Amazon for about $50 for a H4 Hi/all system. It was not hard to install but the directions that Coke with the kit are a little vague. Go to U tube and watch videos of HID installs. Very informative. Once I got the kit installed I liked it so much that I got a kit to replace my 9007 driving lights. I got the 6000 lumens rated kits as anything in higher lumens gets pretty blue. The 6000 kit is bright white with just a trace of blue. I do 75% of my driving in the dark and it is a fantastic difference. Although they claim the bulbs last longer than conventional filament bulbs I have found that to be wrong. They last about the same. I have had one bulb and one ballast go bad and both were replaced under a two year warranty. Love the system and looks great. Go for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)