Tundra won't start - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-04-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Tundra won't start

Hey guys, so a couple of days ago my alternator went out on my 2000 Tundra 2wd 4.7L. I replaced the alternator and then attempted to start my truck. It would not start, so I checked the battery and that was fully charged. So I thought maybe it was the starter. I went and bought a new starter, removed the intake manifold and replaced the starter. I put everything back together and tried again to start my truck, still nothing. My radio wasn't turning on, so I did some research and found it could be the alternator fuse, which was blown. I replaced the fuse and tried to start my truck again. The parking break light on my dash turns on when I turn the key and the radio and clock power completely off. The engine doesn't turn over or even click and after I turn the key back off, my parking brake light turns off and the radio and clock turn back on.for the starter you can just hear like a loud high pitched power band noise that sounds like it's trying to do something. Does anyone have any ideas for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)