Desperate 2002 Tundra SR5 V8 4wd - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (2000–2006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-07-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Desperate 2002 Tundra SR5 V8 4wd

I am desperate for help. I have searched for hours online trying to find a solution and have tried most everything suggested as solutions to the issue. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 with a V8 4WD. It has been over a year now and I am still having throttle issues. More times than not anymore the truck refuses to start but after a couple of attempts it will eventually turn over and stay running. Most of the time it does this with no throttle response. Also, while driving down the road (when I do have throttle) it will "hiccup" and I will lose throttle. I know that it is going into "limp" mode. Also, every great once in awhile everything will be ok. The check engine light goes off and the truck is perfect again. This does not happen often and never lasts more than 2 days. I am going CRAZY.
The truck has had the codes p0120 and p0121 for awhile now but has recently added codes p1125 and p1128 .
Our mechanic has replaced the O2 sensor (that was the first thing to go bad), both TPS sensors, TPS motor, checked all wires and fuzes, checked grounds, cleaned AIC and everything else that he could think of and is at a complete loss. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Limited

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
try the 1st generation forum at tundrasolutions dot com

2017 Highlander Limited AWD, Blizzard Pearl on Black
post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
thank you but have already searched the forums there and tried their possible solutions with no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-01-2017, 12:37 PM
New TN User

Check fuel pressure at the rail and replace or check the thermostat. Sounds like a closed loop problem. The engine might not be getting hot (185 degrees) fast enough before it goes into a closed loop condition. Also check the coolant temp sender's continuity for a steady graduated (ohms) reading as it gets hot. Sounds like the ECU is directing engine function based on inaccurate readings from the coolant temp (sensor or actual fluid temp) for some reason. But that's just my 2cents!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (2000–2006)