New TN User
Join Date: May 2018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Please Help with Transport CANADA
Hello to all,
This is my first post and not the most computer savvy guy in the world.
I am having issues with Toyota Canada, I will keep this short and to the point as best I can.
I bought my 02 Tundra last year in Alberta. Unfortunately the frame issue has popped up on me. I understand this has been beat to death, however I need the assistance of the Tundra Community on this one. I had a recall check done and was told the rear cross member had a service campaign on it.
1. I went in, the frame had a hole 22x14mm 2" away from the cross member
2. Was told it did not qualify for the frame replacement.
3. I researched this thing to death. The NHTSA documents in the US show that any hole in the frame upon inspection (including bed removal) states the frame MUST be replaced. Talking to Toyota Canada they said the US one doesn't count. Talking to Transport Canada, they said they usually follow their US counterparts
4. Toyota undercoated my frame with a hole in it, they did not remove the bed and did not spray the top of the frame or the tops of the cross member. Yes, a total hack job.
5. They said, have a nice day.
Upon speaking with Toyota Canada on multiple occasion they have told me to pound sand. I even suggested to release a frame to me at MY COST (2500.00) They again told me to pound sand. What's a guy to do.....contact Transport Canada. The manufacturer has no one to answer to because it's not a recall. That's their way of circumventing someone watching over them.
Conclusion: Once Transport Canada has had enough complaints they will hold an investigation where under the new S2 Bill, they will be able to hold the company accountable for their engineering fail.
Please, if you have had a frame issue. Contact Transport Canada and place a complaint to hold Toyota Canada to the same standard as it's US counterpart which is still replacing frames to this day for people who actually need them.
Thanks in advance,
Last edited by Creeperchimp; 05-13-2018 at 11:18 AM.