2005 Tundra Access Cab Key Fob/Door Lock Issue - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By tda003

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2005 Tundra Access Cab Key Fob/Door Lock Issue

Background: I have a 2005 Tundra Access Cab. The power window on the passenger side stopped working. The driver's side had intermittent up/down issues. It ended up being less expensive to replace both switches than to trouble shoot them. The power windows now work.

The bad news: The fob stopped locking the doors although unlocking the driver's door function worked. First, I double checked the connection on both doors. It appears okay. Next, I noticed the locking button on the drivers door seemed stiff. I manually worked it several times and applied some silicone to the sides of the switch.

The fob now locks both doors, but will only unlock the drivers door although it still makes the double chirp as if trying to unlock the passenger door. However, it will not unlock the door. The door will open manually using the passenger door lock, but not from the driver's side either manually or with the fob.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Problem Solved!

Took another look. Sat in the cab and activated the remote. Noticed the switch on the driver's side was getting stuck in the down (lock) position. Moving the switch back a tad didn't solve the problem as the switch moved forward again. Scraping and sanding the forward area (toward front of the truck, however, worked perfectly. The remote now works as it should, both locking and unlocking both doors. (A Dremel would have simplified the work.)

As a note, the web site where I purchased the switches is Car Parts and both switches total was just over $24.00. Google search located them. A digital multi-meter to trouble shoot them would have set me back about $60.00. Easy call.

I'm going to start working on repairing the switches that I removed, just in case. I suspect the issue was the long term exposure to the humidity here (SE Georgia).
BamZipPow likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-28-2019, 05:15 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,921 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
Wink

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks fer the update! Glad you got it working again!

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)