Mice in blower - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Mice in blower

We have just started having a problem with our 03 Tundra. Twice in 3 weeks we've had mice get into the dash... not the engine, but actually in the fan in the heater/ac duct. Turn on the ac, hear a thump, take out the fan and out falls a dead mouse. Turn on the ac, hear noises, take out the fan and pull out a mouse nest. Where are these mice getting into the dash?? We are thinking under the cowl louver? Can't think of anywhere else. Anyone else familiar with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a mouse problem on my 95 t100, It seemed like every other day i would hear that dreaded "thump" then the blower would vibrate. I would have to pull the blower and get the mouse out. I finally found a nest in the rear storage compartment and removed it (complete with baby mice) it stopped them for a while. but it would happen every once in a while after that. I hope they don't find a way into my 05 Tundra, It was a very aggravating experience.

I was looking into a mouse repellent, basically it was fox urine in powder form, its a mouse's natural predator, so its supposed to keep them away. Never use Decon, they will just die in the vehicle somewhere you cannot reach them, and it will stink for a couple weeks!
post #3 of 8 Old 06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
New TN User

Gen5 Dead Mouse in 2005 Camry

my 2005 camry has a dead mouse in the blower as well. How do you access the blower to get the dead mouse out? Many Thanks for the Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Official TN Member

Wish I could help....An adult mouse can go thru a dime size hole, my 89 had air filter housing so full of insulation, grass, leaves, twigs, my truck wouldn't run, Darrin

Silver 05 4.7L V8 Tundra AC 4x4
Blue 06 3.3L V6 Seinna LE
Silver 11 3.5L V6 Camry XLE
post #5 of 8 Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
New TN User

moth balls in cheese cloth (away from exhaust) in the engine compartment.
hot sauce
peppermint oil..

these all help.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-02-2016, 03:57 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
We have just started having a problem with our 03 Tundra. Twice in 3 weeks we've had mice get into the dash... not the engine, but actually in the fan in the heater/ac duct. Turn on the ac, hear a thump, take out the fan and out falls a dead mouse. Turn on the ac, hear noises, take out the fan and pull out a mouse nest. Where are these mice getting into the dash?? We are thinking under the cowl louver? Can't think of anywhere else. Anyone else familiar with this?
Pretty sure they're getting in through the cowl vent. The black plastic grille on my 2006 tundra looks like it would keep rodents out, but they can get in around the windshield wipers, and also under the ends of the cowl grille. Rather than try to plug those holes effectively, I removed it and attached hardware cloth over the gigantic holes underneath.

There is a hole (drain?) right in the middle, so I covered that as well since it's probably big enough for a mouse to get through.

Hope this does the job. I'm tired of pulling out the heater blower to remove mouse nests.

-Gary
post #7 of 8 Old 01-16-2017, 06:03 PM
New TN User

Hey, did this work for you? Have the mice come back at all? I'm having the same issue. Unfortunately, the pics you attached aren't working.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Maybe I should ask in camry forum, but this old thread caught my attention. So....Visiting friend out of state at the time. Camry 2012 or 13? Location...rural country. Asked about bad smell inside car & was told been there for awhile. I ended up pulling the caf out..stuck my hand down inside...dead mouse jammed in fan blades.

I cleaned out & replaced filter. I did look around, but couldn't figure out (at that time) how mouse got in? If it happens again, then more investigation needed. Anyhow, tks. for info.

2014 HL Blizzard Pearl XLE AWD V6 Ash Int. M. Latitude Tour 245/60R18. OEM Tow hitch/4 pin. B/D 04/14

Last edited by BUFFO; 01-17-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)