2006 Tundra low oil level - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2006 Tundra low oil level

Hello everyone,

We have a 06' Tundra Sr5 4.7L, bought brand new from dealer in 2006. Kept it well maintained oil changes, pcv valves, filters, and other easy self maintenance parts. After doing a couple of oil changes we noticed that the oil level was always low upon oil changes, like on the low end of the dip stick or almost not showing. So after every oil change and driving it for awhile we always add some more oil to it. The problem still exists now and there doesn't seem to any signs of oil leakage anywhere in the engine bay or underneath. Maybe we just didn't look in the correct spots. So if anyone else experience this problem or knows of if it would be great to know what is the problem or any at all.

There is no black smoke at the tail pipe either the oil just disappears. In older cars the oil level does drop but the truck only has about 80k on it.

Let me know what you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seems pretty strange if no residue at tailpipe and it does not leak anywhere. I know my 2004 oil gage shows low oil pressure when idling but from oil change to oil change she does not go down abit. 153000 km and counting.

DARRYLTHENEWF

post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Toyota ASE/L1Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well if it isn't external then its internal. That much oil its def getting by the rings. Have you personally done all of the oil changes yourself? It may of been dry started elsewhere and you would never know. Those engines burn zero oil to my knowledge. Yours would be the first I've ever seen without foul play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)