2001 toyota tundra v8 dash electronic upgrade? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-12-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2001 toyota tundra v8 dash electronic upgrade?

Alright well I just got my first truck, which is as 2002 toyota tundra v8 acces cab, and obviously because of its age it doesn't have Bluetooth and stuff to connect my phone and listen to music. Is there anythimg I could buy to upgrade the dash electronics? Likr where the radio is, so I could contract my phone Bluetooth, listen to music, radio, etc. Anything but those stupid things that broadcast your music to your radio. I seem at walmart some but i'm not sure how it conmects or goes in.. Thanks hope this question doesn't sound that retarded..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Old Fart

Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daren1093251 View Post
Alright well I just got my first truck, which is as 2002 toyota tundra v8 acces cab, and obviously because of its age it doesn't have Bluetooth and stuff to connect my phone and listen to music. Is there anythimg I could buy to upgrade the dash electronics? Likr where the radio is, so I could contract my phone Bluetooth, listen to music, radio, etc. Anything but those stupid things that broadcast your music to your radio. I seem at walmart some but i'm not sure how it conmects or goes in.. Thanks hope this question doesn't sound that retarded..
Just get a new head unit that supports Bluetooth. They also make adapter cables to connect it to the factory wiring.

Salty Dog
post #3 of 3 Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I updated the unit in my 2003 SR5 AC with a pioneer unit from Crutchfield. Their kits are easy to follow and they give you everything you need for install and connecting to stock plug. I run Bluetooth, Sirius XM and play Pandora from my IPhone. Works great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)