Tundra Brake/ABS problem - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Tundra 1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-19-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA Tundra Brake/ABS problem

My 04 Tundra, SR5, dual cab, 4.7, 2wd liter has a problem, least that is what the lights and Toyota are saying. The Brake, ABS and VSC lights have come on and there is a loud, high pitched alarm sound coming from the dash. The brakes still work, don't know about the abs function though. I took it too Toyota and they said I needed a new hydrolic brake booster. The brake master cyclinder/booster and ABS unit are all one unit. The Toyota cost is $3500, not to happy or willing to pay that if it can be avoided. I have looked on ebay for a used replacement ABS unit but the only ones I can find show the ABS and Brake Master Cylinder as seperate units. Again, the one on mine has the master cylinder and abs unit built as one unit. I'd like recommendations on how to determine is the problem is the brake/abs unit, a wheel speed sensor or whatever? If the ABS/brake unit, where can I find a used replacement.

Tks
Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > Tundra 1st Generation (20002006)