New TN User
Join Date: Jul 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Stalling when put into gear...
I have a 2001 toyota tundra, 4.7 engine, two wheel drive.
It was just fine ... then one day I pulled up to a stop light and it stalled out like a standard transmission does if you dont push in the clutch. I shifted into park and started it up and shifted into drive and it stalled again. I had to put it into neutral and drop it into first gear to get the truck moving and back to the house. Ran fine until I pulled into the driveway where I slowed enough that first gear choked and it stalled again.
Ive researched many pages.. what ive tried :
1. Put in new torque converter. .. no change
2. Put it in neutral and rev upto 5-6k... no change
3. Put in new lockup shift solenoid. .. no change
4. Check continuity between tranny socket and clips for solenoids.. all good
5. Obviously I have changed the fluids more than once..
I am out of ideas and figured I would reach out for help as im feeling extreamly discouraged.
Any help would be greatly appreciated