Toyota Nation Forum banner

Replacing upstream sensor - electronics question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  riceye 
#1 ·
Folks, I have to replace the upstream sensor on my 2004 tacoma. (Denso part number 234-9001) I happen to have on hand a brand new Standard Motor Products SG470 sensor. It was made for 2000-2002 corollas. My question for all the electronic technicians in the forum is, can I use this on my tacoma? Does it have the same specifications as the sensor for a 2004 tacoma? I hate to have to buy a new one $$ if I can use this one just the same. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
So far it looks like the SG470 is going to work for my 4 cylinder tacoma. Same connections for 2002 Corolla/2004 Tacoma for the heater and sensor wires. Resistance values within same range for heater element. The SG470 has 12.7 ohms for the heater element which is acceptable per Tacoma specs.

I will have to use the original installation plate from the Tacoma.

Will keep you updated.

Attachments

#5 ·
I wouldn't use anything but a Japanese (Denso) sensor on my Toyota. Also, I would only use a German (Bosch) on my VW. In my experience, off brand is a waste of time and money for these types of parts.

Denso 2349001 looks to be the one, but this may also depend on whether you have a Cali or Federal emissions model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.