*** Official New Member Introduction Sticky *** - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoHoBo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-18-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Do you feel lucky?

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7713 Post(s)
Thanked 8,676 Times in 6,106 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
*** Official New Member Introduction Sticky ***

This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation!

-------------------------

2008 Highlander Base 4WD
2002 Avalon XL
1987 Suzuki Samurai 4X4 - Treading where no Jeep can follow....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the add. I am the proud new owner of a 92 xtra cab 4x4 with 3.0 v6. It is my hunting truck and seems to be pretty solid.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 11:35 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,921 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
Wink

Welcome to the forums!

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-02-2019, 11:49 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from San Diego, CA. I own a 1993 Toyota Pickup 2WD Xtracab Deluxe with 240,000+ Miles. I became the owner of "TAQUITO" in 2013 when my father passed, he really did love the truck. Driving it all theses years I can see why, its just an amazing old truck. It's in need of some cosmetic repairs and could use fresh upholstery, other than that its my dependable every day driver.

My wife owns a 2010 Toyota Matrix.

I've searched trough these helpful posts looking for wisdom many times, mostly when I get stuck doing a repair that was beyond my ability lol.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 01:47 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from San Francisco, CA.

Hello from San Francisco.

I just bought a 1991 Toyota Pickup 2WD w/ 107,000 miles. It's in really good shape inside and out, which is rare here in SF. Most of the ones i've found are pretty beat up. I'll mainly use as a commuter for work and surf.

I'd like to thank everyone for your wisdom and insights on this forum. It made the buying experience easy for me.

BamZipPow likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 02:06 PM
New TN User

New Member "mas928"

Hello all, I have a 1994 base model pickup with 107000 original miles. I bought it two years ago with only 77K. No AC no power steering just a tight little truck. It does have one quirk though and I will be posting it shortly just as soon as I figure out where that blog is.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 AM
T100 Road Warrior...

Supreme Member
Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
Hello all, I have a 1994 base model pickup with 107000 original miles. I bought it two years ago with only 77K. No AC no power steering just a tight little truck. It does have one quirk though and I will be posting it shortly just as soon as I figure out where that blog is.
Welcome to the forums!

I've moved yer post to the correct forum. You should be able to post yer question in the main section. Good luck!

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, dual oil catch jars, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block, aero single wheel trailer
post #8 of 11 Old 06-18-2019, 06:41 PM
wetplates

Hey folks. New to the Toyota family...moving over from the Volvo family.

I will be picking up a pretty ordinary, but pretty special (to me) truck in a week or so. Its a 1990 regular cab long bed with the 4cyl and automatic. Its pretty ugly at the moment and full of random trash from a farmer...but it runs well with a jump and it only has 139K miles on it.

The truck is special because it was my grandpa's truck. His first new truck. I remember riding with him driving it home...he was so excited. We spent many a year dragging his little jon boat around fishing the local creeks all we could.

When he died, 13 years ago, the truck was sold and was used a putt-around truck for a retired farmer. I happened to see it in the edge of a field when driving by the other week and have finally convinced him to sell it to me.

It's gonna take some work, but it will be back on the road soon, as my daily driver. It will also be used to haul that same jon boat around to the local fishing holes with my kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Morgan For This Useful Post:
Wanted33 (06-28-2019)
post #9 of 11 Old 06-25-2019, 09:40 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Supreme Member
Garage
Wink

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sure you will be able to bring yer grandpa's truck back to a running level. Looking forward to yer progress!

post #10 of 11 Old 06-28-2019, 03:26 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi folks, Jim here. I just picked up my first ever Toyota. I bought a 1992 Toyota Hilux 22RE, automatic, with a tick over 87K miles. Everything works on the truck, and it was owned by an older gentleman that no longer needed the truck. Since it's totally stock I'm going to leave it that way, and just get all the fluids up to date. It's an amazing little truck, and quite fun to drive.

I haven't got any pictures yet, but will post them up after I get the little thing cleaned up properly. It has sit in a garage for the better part of the last 5 years, so it's a bit dusty and dirty.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-28-2019, 03:30 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Morgan View Post
Hey folks. New to the Toyota family...moving over from the Volvo family.

I will be picking up a pretty ordinary, but pretty special (to me) truck in a week or so. Its a 1990 regular cab long bed with the 4cyl and automatic. Its pretty ugly at the moment and full of random trash from a farmer...but it runs well with a jump and it only has 139K miles on it.

The truck is special because it was my grandpa's truck. His first new truck. I remember riding with him driving it home...he was so excited. We spent many a year dragging his little jon boat around fishing the local creeks all we could.

When he died, 13 years ago, the truck was sold and was used a putt-around truck for a retired farmer. I happened to see it in the edge of a field when driving by the other week and have finally convinced him to sell it to me.

It's gonna take some work, but it will be back on the road soon, as my daily driver. It will also be used to haul that same jon boat around to the local fishing holes with my kids.
Chris, I understand what that truck means to you. That little truck keeps you connected to your Grandpa. I have my Dad's old '67 Chevrolet, so the meaning isn't lost on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux