2018/19 Toyota Camry SE Shuttering - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 8th Generation (2018+) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2018+

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 Old 04-14-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
CM Seattle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisinmo View Post
Mine does this on occasion when Iím using cruise. I donít t think it is the engine itself I thought it was the transmission. When driving at a set speed with cruise control on it will feel like the transmission shifts or like I drove across a bridge expansion joint though there is nothing in the road. Noticed this on a recent 600 mile trip. Didnít really occur to me that it is a. Significant problem just a little off behavior from the car.

I only recall this happening when using cruise control and never while operating the accelerator manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally, Thx for your comment Chrisinmo. that was my 1st when i thought was the transmission causing the shuttering. i test drove the car with the shop foreman and the car was hooked up to the computer and he saw the hesitation and the drop in RPM. his 1st diagnostic was to change the torque convertor no change in the Shuttering. we had regional Service techs coming down to check it out and still not fixed. just saw the car yesterday on the lift w/o engine still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 04-14-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
CM Seattle

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyricks View Post
Shoot a video of the tachometer to show us and the dealer that the motor is behaving as if its starved for fuel momentarily when driving at 65-70 mph.

All 4 cyl owners experience a momentary hesitation upon abrupt acceleration, but they are a normal characteristic of the car.
I will shoot a video as soon as i get my car back. My 2019 is not doing as bad as the 2018 one. i had the new one for a week now and only did it twice on cruise. the car is in the shop for adding heated seats and also for the service to test drive it to feel the shuttering on the new one as well. thx for your comment.
post #18 of 23 Old 04-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian Moraru View Post
Hi, I had a 2018 Toyota Camry SE and had to file Lemon Law due to shuttering while driving. The car required a new engine replacement. we still don't know whats going on. Car had only 11K miles. After the settlement i got a new 2019 Toyota Camry as of 4/5/2019. drove it and the new one is doing the same thing. the shuttering while driving is about 65-70 Miles. Has anyone experienced this like i did. please let me know. TIA
I seriously doubt you won a lemon law lawsuit. But let's say you did - the process (and I know this for sure) is very long and very expensive. To even be able to file, you had to have had your car in for 30+ days for the same thing. The whole thing took 6 months if not more. And you want to tell me that not even ONCE it crossed your mind to go drive another one that's for sale (user and/or new)?

Wow.

If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 Old 04-15-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
CM Seattle

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_fury View Post
I seriously doubt you won a lemon law lawsuit. But let's say you did - the process (and I know this for sure) is very long and very expensive. To even be able to file, you had to have had your car in for 30+ days for the same thing. The whole thing took 6 months if not more. And you want to tell me that not even ONCE it crossed your mind to go drive another one that's for sale (user and/or new)?

Wow.
Hi to you too, unfortunately I did. Like i said previously that varies from state to state. My 2018 was in the shop since Nov 12 and is still there. i can take pictures if you want. i filed for Lemon Feb 14 and i got payed back by 4/05. was not expensive at all. only $213 for my miles driven. please study better before you talk nonsense. Yes i drove over total of 7000 miles on 3 other Camry's and they were fine.

My Post is not about the Lemon Law that you don't even understand is about trying to find out if others are experiencing the symptom and also give heads up to others about the problem. so please if you have anything related to the shuttering issues let us know otherwise stay cool buddy.
post #20 of 23 Old 04-15-2019, 10:29 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
OP, I believe you mean to say shuddering. Shutters are on houses. Could it be a reincarnation of the 2012-2014.5 torque converter issue?
post #21 of 23 Old 04-16-2019, 02:37 AM
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
It is neither shuttering nor shuddering... It is allegedly stuttering!
post #22 of 23 Old 04-16-2019, 09:49 PM
Official PITA

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It is neither shuttering nor shuddering... It is allegedly stuttering!
Wh...Wh..Whut du..du..du..doo you m.m.m.m.mean??
ssssss..stut...sssss..stutter..stutter..ring?
post #23 of 23 Old 04-16-2019, 10:04 PM
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
It is in fact said to be stuttering, which may lead to a more serious sputtering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 8th Generation (2018+)