2019 Camry XSE JBL Audio Plus - No Audio after Dead Battery - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 8th Generation (2018+) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2018+

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-09-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2019 Camry XSE JBL Audio Plus - No Audio after Dead Battery

Hi everyone

New to the forum and thank you for allowing me to join the community. I just bought my wife a 2019 Camry XSE yesterday with the JBL entune audio plus. We test drove many trims of the camry and ended up getting the XSE. This is clearly out fault for not testing everything out before driving off the lot as we tested the JBL speakers (I believe) on one of the other camry's we test drove to compare trims.

So here is the deal. We drive home and we listen to the radio no problem. Audio comes out fine. We get home and pop in a CD. No audio although the screen shows it is playing. We pair blue tooth and again, no audio although it shows the track information like it is playing. The volume knob, when turned, does not digitally display the audio. Oddly enough, when we use apple carplay, we can use the audio to make a call no problem. The audio call comes through the sound system no problem.

Some background that might be a factor. The car had a dead battery while on the lot and they had to charge it. I understand that some stereo's have an antitheft feature. We tried disconnecting the battery and pumping the brake in efforts of resetting the stereo, however, I believe the radio still had the same radio presets stored so I'm not confident the radio actually fully drained/reset.

Does anyone have any advice to try / check before taking the brand new car back to the dealership? I'm hoping this is a simple setting /reset that I can try out since its a Sunday. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Try deleting the personal settings on entune.
So, even adjusting the audio volume up or down, it doesn't pop down on the screen what the volume number is at ? This actually happened to me this week. I wasn't able to adjust the volume until i pressed the home button and then it came back.

2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
post #3 of 7 Old 06-09-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
So the volume button works (verified by digital display) only with AM, FM, and Siriux XM. The volume does not respond, no audio, when on source CD, BlueTooth. When I'm in Apple CarPlay, I do not get any audio (no response from volume knob) for typical apps like music, pandora, audible, etc.

I do get audio through the speakers for making a call through apple carplay and the audio does work with google maps but the volume knob does not respond and the volume is stuck at one volume setting. Steering wheel audio controls also do not work for changing the volume.

Unfortunately, deleting personal information did not fix the issue.

Is there a secret menu you can access by holding a button on a reset like holding the power button? I'm hoping there is a factory reset hidden somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
There is but you can't reset it through there but you can run a speaker check. Put the car in ignition Put a CD in and make sure it's playing. Hold down the audio button and switch the headlamp from off to auto three times. Should go into diagnostic mode. Click on failure diagnosis then system check. Up top you should see SPcheck On. Click on that. It should cycle through each speaker playing sound from the cd player. if still no sound then you'll have to take it in. I don't remember seeing anything on techstream on resetting the software though the dealer might know how.

2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
post #5 of 7 Old 06-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Something similar happened to me and it was a stuck volume down button on the steering wheel. I pressed it a few times harder that normal and it then allowed me to adjust the volume again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old 06-14-2019, 09:13 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
2019?

Just go back to the dealer. Its under warranty.

So many trolls so little time
post #7 of 7 Old 06-15-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Hey everyone!

First, I just wanted to thank the community for offering their suggestions.

This is what the dealership ended up replacing. Hopefully, this will help someone in the future who may experience the same issue on their camry:

ISSUE: NO AUDIO CD PLAYER, NO AUDIO BLUETOOTH STREAM
CAUSE: INTERNAL OPEN NOT COMMUNICATING
860991 TEST AND REPLACED THE TRANSCEIVER AND AMPLIFIER

1 86740-06060 TRANSCEIVER ASSY, TE

1 86280-06171 AMPLIFIER ASSY, STER

FC:
PART#: 86740-06060
COUNT: 1
CLAIM TYPE:
AUTH CODE:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 8th Generation (2018+)