Where are the factory firewall grommet locations? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota C-HR Discussions for the new Toyota C-HR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-27-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Where are the factory firewall grommet locations?

I have a 2019 C-HR Limited. This thing has all the bells and whistles. However it's missing a few things my 2018 C-HR had and some things I wish both had. I'm looking to add an always on cigarette lighter and I want to connect it from the trunk space to the battery. I have not seen a post like this for either 2018 or 19 C-HR. I have looked over wiring diagrams even watched the Toyota video on how the CHR is built (I was hoping it could give me some clues here)

The problem is that the engine bay is very tight and I'm looking in the usual places like on the far passenger side and near the battery.

The reason it is important for me to get to the battery is simple, quick connect and disconnect without damaging the factory wiring by splicing or what not.

A lot of videos whether it's a dash cam or other aftermarket equipment show splicing into what they call the "main" it is a black and white striped wire which appears to be 10 or 12 AWG. It's always on yes, but where does it come from what does it control and the unknowns of splicing into it doesnt sit well with me.

So where should I be looking for the grommet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Toyota C-HR