Condition of 2007 Highlander - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Highlander 1st Generation (2001-2007) Forum dedicated to the discussion of 1st generation Toyota Highlanders.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-29-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
'98 Lexus LS400, '06 Toyota Highlander

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Condition of 2007 Highlander

Sharing the condition of my recent purchase - a used 2007 Toyota Highlander, 3.3L V6, 231,000 miles. It needs brakes pads, has a leak in the lift gate area, condensation inside the headlights, and short squeal in the air compressor clutch. Other than that no known issues and no rust.

Last edited by Michael88; 05-29-2019 at 08:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael88 For This Useful Post:
Brian in Tucson (06-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-09-2019, 08:55 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael88 View Post
Sharing the condition of my recent purchase - a used 2007 Toyota Highlander, 3.3L V6, 231,000 miles. It needs brakes pads, has a leak in the lift gate area, condensation inside the headlights, and short squeal in the air compressor clutch. Other than that no known issues and no rust.
I just bought a stripped down Sport package '07. 208k mi. Right off, it needed new brakes on the front, really bad pulsing. I got the towing brake kit, drilled/slotted disks, pads, and hdwe. for $175 or so on Rock Auto. Really quite nice, made in China. An easy upgrade. May do the rears, tho they don't pulse.

I have a set of rear struts to put on, I got cheap ones, it's so easy to replace them. Front struts had already been done.

The interior of mine is pristine. The exterior, however, had sun damage (severe) peeling paint from the hot Tucson sun. It got an immediate respray at Maaco (Maico?) in the stock color, only $1000 and it looks like a new car.

I only paid $4500 for the car, all in all it's in fine shape and I am pretty pleased with it. It will be a tow car, for my jetski. Hence the heavy duty brakes. Didn't want to chance towing the boat on the freeway with a Prius (which I just sold.)
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
'98 Lexus LS400, '06 Toyota Highlander

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The rear driver side metal wheel guard on the inside had rusted and was caught between the rim and the hub, making the squeal. Doesn’t need brake pads or rotors
I had to replace the caliper seal though. Little oil added to ac. Needs nothing now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Highlander Forum > Highlander 1st Generation (2001-2007)