Hybrid issue. - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 6th Gen - Hybrid (2007-2011) Toyota Camry Hybrid Discussion for years 2007-2011.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-15-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Hybrid issue.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. The car shows all the running lights, but it refuses to start up. I'm also hearing noises in the back (like a fan of some sort, not sure what it is). I'm not sure whether it's a hybrid issue or the 12V battery issue. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-15-2019, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Yes, you are in the right place.Sorry to hear about your vehicle trouble.
1. is there any warning lights in the dash?
2. do you have nav unit? Navigation? If yes, do this. Sit inside the car, turn system to Aux position (either by key or pressing Start button twice without touching the brake pedal0, press and hold Info button on the nav unit and start flipping light stalk all the way to lights On and back ot Off. After about 3-5 flips like this, nav should show diagnostic mode display. In it, you can navigate to 12V battery state of charge. If it's below 12V (11.7 to be precise) it's 12V battery.

3. If you do not have nav unit, 12V has to be tested with deep cycle battery tester.

4. if it's the original Panasonic, it is most likely dead or dying. 13 yo old battery, what to expect.
5. hybrid battery state of charge will have to be either scoped by dealer or hybrid indie or with Bluetooth dongle for OBD2 port and phone app, like Doctor Prius or Toque Pro.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid > Camry 6th Gen - Hybrid (2007-2011)