LE hybrid Advanced Driver Assistance System recalibration? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 8th Gen - Hybrid (2018+) Toyota Camry Hybrid Discussion for years 2018+.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-31-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
LE hybrid Advanced Driver Assistance System recalibration?

I had a rock crack my windshield on my 2018 Camry LE hybrid. When I try and schedule an appointment online (Safelite) to have the windshield replaced, it says that my car has an Advanced Driver Assistance System which must be recalibrated after windshield replacement, and because of that they canít come to me. Instead, I must schedule an appointment and drop my car off at their office, which is in a different city. Or I can opt out of the recalibration (see below). Iím not keen on compromising any safety systems, but Iím not aware of any cameras that look out through the windshield on the LE hybrids. Am I mistaken?

ďOpt out of insurance covered recalibration service and refresh schedule to show only glass replacement appointments*
* Vehicle manufacturers require a recalibration of the camera system after a windshield replacement. Safelite will be able to recalibrate your camera system as soon as you are ready to have the service completed.Ē
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-01-2019, 02:27 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There's a camera on the Front Windshield for Lane Departure Alert w/ Steering Assist and Automatic High Beams. This must be the one that requires calibration!

Last edited by RRD60; 06-01-2019 at 08:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRD60 For This Useful Post:
zvolts (06-02-2019)
post #3 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Turns out there is also a rain sensor attached to the windshield on the 2018 LE hybrids.

The windshield canít be replaced in the field due to the recalibration mentioned previously. I had to take the car into their shop. My 1st appointment they had the wrong windshield (missing rain sensor housing). The 2nd appointment they had the correct windshield, but couldnít get their recalibration device to work. So now Iím driving with dash alerts saying that radar cruise is unavailable and LDA and Pre-collision systems are malfunctioning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-14-2019, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
For the benefit of those needing the inevitable windshield replacement, if you have a choice in the matter consider picking the more expensive OEM windshield right from the get go. In my case, my insurance company originally specified a non-OEM windshield, which was no bueno as far a recalibration was concerned. After 3 trips, 7 total hours wasted and 3 different windshields, the windshield replacement company was finally able to recalibrate my lane departure system, but only with OEM glass. The previous unsuccessful attempts to recalibrate with non-OEM glass also caused failures in the radar cruise control and pre-collision systems, which were unavailable until recalibration was finally successful over a week later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zvolts For This Useful Post:
Spindifferent (06-15-2019), ukrkoz (06-14-2019)
post #5 of 5 Old 06-15-2019, 12:26 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvolts View Post
For the benefit of those needing the inevitable windshield replacement, if you have a choice in the matter consider picking the more expensive OEM windshield right from the get go. In my case, my insurance company originally specified a non-OEM windshield, which was no bueno as far a recalibration was concerned. After 3 trips, 7 total hours wasted and 3 different windshields, the windshield replacement company was finally able to recalibrate my lane departure system, but only with OEM glass. The previous unsuccessful attempts to recalibrate with non-OEM glass also caused failures in the radar cruise control and pre-collision systems, which were unavailable until recalibration was finally successful over a week later.

I concur with OEM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid > Camry 8th Gen - Hybrid (2018+)