Is it just me, or the 2019 Avalon isn't selling well at all? - Page 11 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Avalon 5th Generation (2019+) Specific discussion of the fifth generation Toyota Avalon

129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 371 Old 03-19-2019, 04:23 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Probably one of those vehicles in the future you'll look back and really like the design. Myself with the lack of sales I have noticed some large discounts plus 1.9% interest over 60 months has me considering on getting a Avalon Hybrid to replace my Forester.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 371 Old 03-19-2019, 06:19 PM
straight cash homie

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 3711 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonPremium35 View Post
We all agree that discussing our daughters” looks is clearly off limits. Unless she drives an Avalon.
Does this count? Can't find any other models modeling with an Avy, wearing "less" (This one was on Toyota's payroll)
post #153 of 371 Old 03-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Official TN Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
The Avalon isn’t your grandpa’s ride anymore and will take a few years of marketing, advertising, and Moto Mag reviews before people get that its the new affordable Luxury alternative to the Lexus, Infinity, and Acura. Test drive them all and the Avalon loaded V6 and 300hp at a loaded Trim level rivals the others in the same class at their base model with no extras.

I ordered a 19’ built for me factory fresh loaded Touring in pearl white. Supposed to be delivered this week as it was built 2 weeks ago.

Got it for a GREAT price. Toyota gave me an EXTRA $2K off for paying all cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 371 Old 03-19-2019, 06:42 PM
arh
Senior TN Member

Location: NW Illinois, 1/2 mile from Packerland in the country
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Congrats. It is this grandfathers Avalon.

2014 Avalon XLE Premium/NAV V6(Winter car)
2019 Avalon Limited/Advanced Safety Package V6(Summer car)

Al
post #155 of 371 Old 03-19-2019, 07:08 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arh View Post
Congrats. It is this grandfathers Avalon.
Well then - you are that 300hp, 14 speaker JBL, not your grandpas Avalon grandpa 🙂
post #156 of 371 Old 03-19-2019, 08:54 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
Does this count? Can't find any other models modeling with an Avy, wearing "less" (This one was on Toyota's payroll)
Yes this counts. You can tell that she is younger, more fashionable, great curves. So is the model.
post #157 of 371 Old 03-20-2019, 09:27 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
Living in Wisconsin, where we use road salt and sand just for fun for 6 months, I get our '19 Avalon Limited washed at the brand new drive through car wash at least weekly, and then dry it off and vaccum it out in the area provided after the wash. There is room for about 12 vehicles to dry off in this dry off area and they provided clean micro fiber towels, and virtually every time I wash, someone in an adjacent spot or two will come over and mention how beautiful the car is, interior and exterior.

I've never had anyone say they didn't like the front end. Now I fully recognize that there aren't too many folks that would walk up and say, "wow that's really ugly", like they do on this forum, but still, who really cares what someone else thinks of your car?

If you were just trying to randomly impress everyone/someone, why would you buy a Toyota?

That's what the "prestige brands" (Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.) are for, aren't they?

2019 Limited Ruby Flare Pearl / Cognac, with Advanced Safety Package
post #158 of 371 Old 03-20-2019, 09:55 AM
2019 Avalon Limited

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Here's some comments from the April 2019 Consumer Reports Car issue:

Toyota's flagship Avalon is roomy, rides comfortably and has easy to use controls. The engine delivers smooth and robust acceleration. Ride comfort is excellent; it is plusher than most Lexus models.The cabin is quiet and lavishly furnished, particularly with the Limited trim.

In their New Car Profiles section, and in the Large Car section, they gave it an overall score of 98. No other new car received a score over 88 with most getting a high score being in the 80's.

They made no comment about the grill.

Now, Consumer Reports may not be Car & Driver, or viewed as high as other auto enthusiasts magazines, but it does have a larger reach in the US and is more quoted.
dklanecky and BigJack78 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mwinnick For This Useful Post:
rjohanson (03-20-2019)
post #159 of 371 Old 03-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinnick View Post
Now, Consumer Reports may not be Car & Driver, or viewed as high as other auto enthusiasts magazines, but it does have a larger reach in the US and is more quoted.
Thankfully.
They allow the reader to form their own opinion of aesthetics and provide images to do so.
C&D, when reviewing the 2000 Echo, completely ignored the target market (inexpensive econobox) and acted like they were reviewing a Type-R.
One comment that still sticks in my head regarded the dash layout (long shelf along the bottom of the dash door to door), something along the lines of "Plenty of places to stick stuff, if you're into that sort of thing."
WTH is that doing in a "magazine" review of a vehicle? It was like they turned a bunch of 18 year old's loose on it.

-- Rich

post #160 of 371 Old 03-20-2019, 05:24 PM
BeerSteakTxas

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 1,195 Times in 1,005 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

But
Quote:
They made no comment about the grill.
and CR journalists were wrong in the past and owner's opinion is never 100% honest.
If some very impressive product doesn't sell well, it means that it's not that impressive.
Don't get me wrong, the new Avalon is a nice car, but even with cash on the hood it ain't selling well even by Avalon standards.

2017 Avalon XLE premium
post #161 of 371 Old 03-21-2019, 09:54 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLXX View Post
The Avalon isn’t your grandpa’s ride anymore and will take a few years of marketing, advertising, and Moto Mag reviews before people get that its the new affordable Luxury alternative to the Lexus, Infinity, and Acura. Test drive them all and the Avalon loaded V6 and 300hp at a loaded Trim level rivals the others in the same class at their base model with no extras.

I ordered a 19’ built for me factory fresh loaded Touring in pearl white. Supposed to be delivered this week as it was built 2 weeks ago.

How did you get $2K off the price for paying cash? Don't they make money off of financing thru them, not paying cash? I'm also going to pay cash, so should I make a point of telling them that when getting dealers to give me a bid?

I'm trying to buy a Hybrid Limited that I may have to order also (unfortunately). How long was it from when you ordered it to when it's to be delivered? One dealer quoted me 6 to 8 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #162 of 371 Old 03-22-2019, 04:48 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thksnow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLXX View Post

How did you get $2K off the price for paying cash? Don't they make money off of financing thru them, not paying cash? I'm also going to pay cash, so should I make a point of telling them that when getting dealers to give me a bid?

I'm trying to buy a Hybrid Limited that I may have to order also (unfortunately). How long was it from when you ordered it to when it's to be delivered? One dealer quoted me 6 to 8 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It’s on the website >
Attached Images
File Type: png B6E0C835-3CD1-4117-8341-CFC63D7643A5_1553248112269.png (138.7 KB, 21 views)
post #163 of 371 Old 03-22-2019, 07:30 AM
2019 Avalon Limited

That ad for $2k Customer Cash looks more like they are offering $2k off the price, not for paying cash but rather that they are giving you $2k in cash against the total cost. I'm sure if you financed the car they'd still give you the $2k off. Generally dealers don't like, or at least do not prefer, customers paying in cash versus financing. They make extra money on the loan, always. When I told them I was paying cash their finance guy, there's always that final guy you speak to who tries to sell you all sorts of junk, reminded me I could invest my money in the market and they'd give me a really low rate on financing.
post #164 of 371 Old 03-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
That ad for $2k Customer Cash looks more like they are offering $2k off the price, not for paying cash but rather that they are giving you $2k in cash against the total cost. I'm sure if you financed the car they'd still give you the $2k off. Generally dealers don't like, or at least do not prefer, customers paying in cash versus financing. They make extra money on the loan, always. When I told them I was paying cash their finance guy, there's always that final guy you speak to who tries to sell you all sorts of junk, reminded me I could invest my money in the market and they'd give me a really low rate on financing.
Incorrect. That 2K is for cash deals and yes, off the final negotiated price on the car.

I was set to finance because they offered me .9%. Decided I just wanted to drop a chunk and not finance. He exact words were "good news, Toyota has a $2K discount for cash deals...so bring $2K less when you come get the car." They would NOT have given me the $2K because Toyota MC actually funds that...not the dealer.
post #165 of 371 Old 03-22-2019, 08:30 AM
2019 Avalon Limited

Definitely surprised me. I would never have thought they'd buy a cash deal but hey, great deal for you. I just wonder why? What was the incentive for them? People who can pay cash aren't motivated by a reward for cash, not normally unless it's in lieu of using a credit card. So, great deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Avalon Forum > Avalon 5th Generation (2019+)