Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Watch it in HD, it took me like 3 hours to figure out how to record it in HD, and edit it, and output in hd, and then getting youtube to allow the HD option.

It isnt that fast, but hey its something!

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
Nice. Your rolla moves very quickly through the RPM band. I want one :p

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Corolla
235 Posts
For a 4AFE that's not too bad..

What do you have done to it? Or did you cheat and run it down a hill haha jk :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For a 4AFE that's not too bad..

What do you have done to it? Or did you cheat and run it down a hill haha jk :)
Complete Gasket Set
Hussey Copper Gasket
Wiseco Forged Performance Pistons
Wiseco Performance Rings
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings

Pauter Performance forged rods

Ram air intake with K&N Filter

Removed Resonator, replaced muffler with a sonic turbo muffler

:) also The run was on flat ground.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
OHHH! So you got the frikkin HP kit! Now I see why it's such a screamer. Yeah I dream of that HP kit man. I really want to do a manual conversion before I tune out my engine further than intake/exhaust and head work/cams though. 1st gear is just such a slug. I could really launch my little 7AFE pretty quick as it is if only I had clutch control.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OHHH! So you got the frikkin HP kit! Now I see why it's such a screamer. Yeah I dream of that HP kit man. I really want to do a manual conversion before I tune out my engine further than intake/exhaust and head work/cams though. 1st gear is just such a slug. I could really launch my little 7AFE pretty quick as it is if only I had clutch control.
my car is an automatic, I wanna build a custom 6-speed conversion, would be SO SWEET

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
my car is an automatic, I wanna build a custom 6-speed conversion, would be SO SWEET
All so that's the sound when you shift :p

That's not bad then, I can see the kit gives it a real nice power curve that helps the bottom end quite a bit.

Makes me want to see the take off from the line with a manual trans just that much more.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All so that's the sound when you shift :p

That's not bad then, I can see the kit gives it a real nice power curve that helps the bottom end quite a bit.

Makes me want to see the take off from the line with a manual trans just that much more.
I actually shifted 1->2->D and my car just wants to rev higher then before (I didn't get it past 5k in those videos)

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
I actually shifted 1->2->D and my car just wants to rev higher then before (I didn't get it past 5k in those videos)
That reminds me of something that's making me mad about the short ram intake on this car in automatic flavor, I can't just floor it and expect it to downshift, the car's like 'oh I have enough air to make enough power at this gear to go fast'... no you don't dammit!

I usually control the gears myself anyway, but I like it to be an auto sometimes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That reminds me of something that's making me mad about the short ram intake on this car in automatic flavor, I can't just floor it and expect it to downshift, the car's like 'oh I have enough air to make enough power at this gear to go fast'... no you don't dammit!

I usually control the gears myself anyway, but I like it to be an auto sometimes.
thats odd, because just the other day, I was getting on the highway (going 40 on the main road, in 3rd gear) so when i started accelerating to get on the highway, the car went to 45 in 3rd, then shifted down to second, and held it until 65. thought it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
Hmm, I'll disconnect the neg cable tonight and see if the computer didn't reset properly the last time.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
you can adjust the kick down cable to kick down sooner and upshift later.
I do recall doing a throttle cable adjustment on my old 93 Sentra auto to get quicker throttle response. I will check into that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
How do you do that? I wanna change it a little bit.
There was a really nice page of Sentra DIYs that isn't around anymore which is where I learned how it's done. It's actually really easy. Here's an explanation I found on a Civic forum: "Basically what you have to do is loosen the locknut, which is the nut towards the passenger's side on the cable. Then move the adjusting nut until there is less slack. Then tighten the locknut back up."

That's how it was on the Sentra, should be practically the same for our cars.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts